~23~

I sit in the compartment, Mattheo sitting in front of me, Draco next to me. Everyone is awkwardly silent.

"Guys!" I exclaim. Draco jumps a little, Mattheo just stares dully at me.

I look to Draco, eye bags heavy and skin paler than usual.

"You guys are gonna bore me." I complain.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Mattheo says sarcastically, "Princess."

I roll my eyes, laying on Draco's shoulder and closing my eyes. Of course I love Mattheo back, but seriously, how do I believe him?

"Sorry, I'm gonna get changed," Draco says, standing and leaving. I lean against the window, staring outside.

Mattheo stands. "What? Are you gonna disappear again?" I scowl.

He just rolls his eyes, taking off his shirt.

"Woah woah woah," I say, accidently staring at his chest.

"Not like you haven't seen me with a shirt off before," He states, taking off his pants.

I continue to stare as he puts on his robes. I look away from his body to his eyes.

"Don't sexualize me," He winks, walking out the door.

I sit speechless

I sit speechless. Merlin, he's so hot. Kill me now. Why can't I just say I love him back?

⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓⛓

I exchange greetings with the twins before going to my common room. A certain someone grabs onto my wrist and pulls me into a classroom. My mark burns, it's Mattheo.

"Why do we always meet like this?" I smirk.

Mattheo smirks back, staring at my lips. "This isn't gonna work," I state.

"Why?" He whines.

I hesitantly lean in, pecking him on the lips, my mark feeling like fire, which gives him a smirk as he turns me and pins me to the wall. Shit, the mark. It burns as he touches my skin. "Stop, Theo," I say, pulling our skin apart.

He pouts. "You can't touch me," I remind, pointing out my mark.

His cold hands slide up my shirt, gently touching my stomach. My eyes roll back into my head even though the mark feels as if it's about to fly off of my arm.

He kisses my neck and the pain in unbearable. "Theo!" I exclaim, pushing him away. I grab at the mark and he pushes himself into a corner.

"I'm sorry," He says over and over.

"It's ok, Mattheo," I say, smiling.

He grips onto his hair, easing himself into the ground as he mutters something.

I go into his mind. 'Im sorry. I'm sorry. Why did I touch her? Stop, Mattheo. You can't be with her. She loves Draco. You waited too long. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'

"I'm not in love with Draco," I speak up.

He looks at me, tears kissing his cheeks, "what?"

"I'm not in love with Draco." I state.

I can feel his heartbeat quicken. "I'm in love with you." I add.

We stare at each other for a second. "But I hate you." I continue, "this can't work because I hate you. And you hate me."

"I don't hate-"

"You have to. Because I'm gonna end up dead, Theo. It's better for you to hate me." I interrupt.

"I don't want to hate you." He argues.

"What can I do to change that?" I ask.

"Nothing!" He exclaims.

"Then, I'll try everything." I say, tears cutting into me as I walk out.

Mattheo's POV:

"Then, I'll try everything." He says confidently, leaving me there.

I stand, punching the wall behind me. My mark shows a little. This stupid fucking mark is the reason I can't touch her, can't kiss her, can't be with her.

I punch a window, grab the glass and cut around the mark. I'll just cut the whole fucking thing off.

I cut all the first layer of my skin off. I sob as the black mark shines through the blood. I scream, throwing the glas.

As the mark throbs, I dig at it with my nails, sobs filling the room.