Chapter 2

First thing, start with the loft. There was a bunch of stuff left behind from whoever lived here last and accidentally left it behind. Starting with the clothes, I drag an empty bin towards me, dumping out the garbage bag full of clothes to start folding and organizing whatever was left behind.

I might have to keep some of this stuff for myself. If it was close enough to my size, that is. They're all a couple sizes too big, probably belonging to a few guys, so I fold up everything, carefully placing each item into the bin to ensure that I can fit as much as possible. There's t-shirts (some of them sleeveless, others regular, and a few long sleeve), sweatshirts of all different colors, and even a few leather jackets. And quite a few baseball caps and beanies.

All of it looks like it's from the nineties. Not that the nineties weren't a bad period of time, it just looks to be at least twenty-five years old. Which is a long time ago, considering I wasn't born way back then. And Google didn't even exist. According to Google itself.

After going through two trashbags in half an hour, mostly because they were filled with things easy to fold, I stumble across a CD case with the words "Sunset Curve" on it. I've never heard of them. Putting it in the old CD player that has more dust on it than the couch, chair, and piano combined, I press play, listening to the first song on the disc.

"Take off
Last stop
Countdown till we blast open the top
Face first
Full charge
Electric hammer to the heart" There's a scream that I didn't expect and three guys appear in front of me. What in the world just happened? Ay, Dios mio. Screaming, I run out of the room, not caring that the music is still playing. Who are those guys, and what in the world are they doing in mom's studio?

"Julie, are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost." Oh my... I just summoned ghosts into mom's studio.

"I did!" I scream, and I can tell Carlos is excited, but I'm terrified. When did I magically gain the ability to see ghosts?

"Sweet!" No, it's not! Running into my room, I think I'm having an actual panic attack. Or this is a dream. That's more believable. This is all a dream and I will wake up in a few seconds and forget all about it.

"Julie, honey, can I come in?" My dad knocks on the door, and I allow him in, hoping this is just a continuation of something that isn't real. Just a figment of my imagination. "Are you okay? You can tell me anything, it's just between you and me."

"You're starting to sound like Dr. Turner." And he knows how much I disliked those sessions, even if they did get me to kind of move on from mom's death.

"Maybe seeing Dr. Turner isn't such a bad idea." Oh, it is.

"No, you know what? I think my computer was being weird." Kinda believable, especially since he's lacking in the technology world.

"Okay. You know, I see your mom so much in you and Carlos. Maybe it's just a vivid memory." At least, he doesn't think I'm completely insane, or that I actually have a ghost soulmate. There's no way I have a ghost soulmate. I'm more likely to die without ever meeting my soulmate than have my soulmate be a ghost. Dad's right, it was probably a memory from a video I watched ages ago that I saw vividly in my mind.

"Maybe. But, I'm good, okay?" He nods, heading out of the room to leave me alone.

After I calm myself down, I grab my cross, just in case, and head back to the music studio for the second time in one day. And not to water plants this time. That needs to be done after dinner.

"Are you here?" Maybe I did just imagine it. "I'm not crazy."

"Well, we're all a little crazy." Shrieking again, the three boys I've never seen before seem annoyed by the loud screaming.