Epilogue

2021 - A Year Later...

Sitting at the island watching my father make dinner, I am grateful for everything that happened in the last three hundred sixty-five days. We've gone from decently popular to the few that knew us to extremely famous nearly worldwide. Although none of us are willing to go on a world tour, we've done plenty of shows in California, Nevada, and a couple in Arizona. Dad said they had to be within ten hours of driving away for us to go, but we never even got close to that number, topping out at six hours.

Julie and the Phantoms signed to a record label, High Stars, after posting several songs and playing for quite a few venues. The only thing we wanted was that Flynn could be our manager—at least part time, since we're all technically in school. It may surprise you, but the guys did actually manage to graduate high school and get diplomas.

I also kind of told them I would dismantle the band if they didn't.

"Juju, how's junior year going?" Luke asks, sitting next to me. He, along with the rest of the guys, bought a house a couple streets down in the neighborhood. It's still close to us, not far enough away for them to complain about the distance and not close enough that it feels like an extension of our own house. Plus, with Willie and Winnie staying with them, it gives the five of them the privacy they need.

"Good. I've got only a couple hours of homework for the weekend, and it seems like Carrie and I are on the mend. She even invited me to breakfast tomorrow." It took us both a long time to repair the relationship we have, but it's definitely getting somewhere. Plus, Dirty Candy has been doing really well once Carrie realized the reason her group needed to tackle deeper issues, even if it is masked under bubblegum pop sounds.

"Well, that's good. I've got some ideas for our next album we should run through later." Our first album, Perfect Harmony, has millions of streams with all the songs we performed together plus a couple more to round out the total to equal ten songs. The guys don't know that the title is based off of a song I imagined Luke and I singing and dancing to, but that's a minor detail they don't need to know.

"Right." And, as I promised to Reggie, there will be one country-esque song, almost like Taylor Swift's Red album—a mix of pop and country that sounds amazing. "Papí, did you need any help with anything?" Seeing the distinct dark mark reminding me his soulmate is coming tonight, I offer to help him.

Fantast [ fan-tast ] [ Eng. ]
noun
a visionary or dreamer

He just found her, a milagro in itself, and she's been around a few times. Georgia is nice, but has made it clear she's not trying to replace my mother. Carlos and I both understand that her presence in our lives is to make our father happy, and having her around as a mother figure is just an added bonus.

"Can you and Luke set the table outside? Carlos is at Marianne's house, Georgia is coming, and no Flynn today, so that makes eight." Nodding, Luke groans when he realizes that I'm putting him to work.

"No complaining or you don't get dinner." He pouts, but still grabs the silverware. "So, what are some ideas you had for the album?"

"I was thinking of adding in that song of your mom's we found from when she was in Rose and the Petal Pushers." That's a good idea. The song we found of hers was amazing, and with some reworking, it would be a fantastic addition to the album.

"Hey Julie! Guess what?" Reggie nearly bounces with excitement, while Winnie tries to calm him unsuccessfully. I give her props for trying, though, because he's got enough energy to rival a puppy most times. And the obliviousness, too. "We got a puppy!" Reggie, you do not need a puppy.