THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
rather stay in bed...

WITH THE GRIEF COUNSELOR blabbering in their ears about recovering from traumatic events, Ruby couldn't help but roll her eyes at the woman's form of therapy.

The woman soon gathered her self as she stepped out of the room, Jake and Ruby immediately darting up the steps to find the person accountable for the murder.

Jake slammed the door shut behind him as he shrugged off his jacket, "what the fuck did you do?"

Chucky sat casually on the girls bed, flipping through a book of some sort, "I didn't do it."

"What?"

"Swear to God. I didn't kill her." His stubby fingers dancing along the pages as he read along, not bothering to glance up at the boy.

Jake scoffed, "what do you think, I'm a complete moron?"

"Come on, Jake, you gotta believe me!" His blue eyes finally darted up to look at him, "I'm your friend till the end."

"Get fucked with that shit. I'm not six years old." Jake snatched the book back, himself beginning to flip through it curiously.

Chucky sighed as the book was ripped out of his hands, "Gotta say, writings not your forte. Stick to sculpture."

And that's when Ruby realized he'd been reading Jakes diary. God, she'd kill to even read a page of it.

"Fuck you." Jake spat, rolling his eyes as he tossed his diary onto his comforter.

"You should just call it "Devon, Devon, Devon." He laughed wickedly, earning another scoff at of the boy before him.

Jake sat on the bed beside Ruby, "shut up."

"You know, I have a queer kid." Chucky confessed, making both of the teens furrow their brows in shock.

"You have a kid?" Ruby chuckled in disbelief, tilting her head to the side.

Chucky hummed, "gender fluid."

"And you're cool with it?" Jake added, cocking a brow.

The doll slightly leaned forward, "I'm not a monster, Jake."

"No, you are. You killed Annie!" Jake yelled, standing on his two feet again, his chest rising up and down rapidly.

"C'mon, man. Think. Why would I kill Annie. You and me, we only kill people who have it coming."
Chucky argued.

Jake shook his head, "No. I don't kill anyone. And I don't want you to kill anyone else."

"It wasn't me! Accidents happen, Jake. More often then murders. And way more often then murders committed by supernaturally-possessed dolls. That's just basic math." Chucky continued to vouch for his innocence, "let me remind you that I could have killed anybody in this house during last week at anytime including you."

"So why haven't you?" Jake's voice lowered, a spring of fear running through his veins as he stared at the doll.

"I told you. I'm trying to help you. Look around, kid. Take a good look at where you are. A long way from that shithole you used to live in with that shithole who liked using you for his punching bag. We're the only friends you got."

Ruby tucked her fallen strands behind her ears, "you don't need to kill anyone, Jake."

Chucky shot her a stern look, "who's side are you on here, Ruby."

She fell silent, her eyes falling to her fingers scratching at her upper thighs carelessly.

"Some people deserve to die."

Chills broke out on both of their bodies, Ruby abruptly standing as she excused herself, the door shutting behind her with a click.

She walked towards the bathroom door, wrapping her hand around the handle, her immediately widening her eyes as she jumped back.

Junior flung the door open, his hair dripping wet from his shower, a bathrobe covering his body, his eyes widened.

"Oh. God. I'm so sorry, Junior." Ruby punched her eyes shut in embarrassment, her cheeks flushing a light shade of red.

He chuckled lightly, bringing a small towel to the back of his head, "I'm fully dressed, Ruby. I'm fine. It's fine."

She nodded as she brushed pasted him, ignoring her bladder urgently needing to be attended to as she hurried back into her shared room.

Jake was gone, leaving her alone with the doll.

She avoided eye contact with him as she stepped around to her bed, quickly grabbing her bag as she walked to Jakes side, creating a large gap between them.

"You know, Ruby, you're the total opposite of me. It surprises me." The doll stated hauntingly, chucking to himself.

"W-What? I don't kill people. I'd never hurt anyone." Ruby shook her head, parting her lips as she kept her eyes down on her bag.

He sighed, "but you've thought about it. Haven't you?"

"Um." Was she all she managed to say, furrowing her brows as she darted her tongue out to dampen her cracked lips, "I have to get ready."

She rushed out of the room, slamming it shut behind her as she pressed her back against it, her eyes wide as her heart raced in her chest.

just like me?

AUTHORS NOTE <3

hope y'all missed me ;)