TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
Family history.

RUBY PASUED SUDDENLY WHEN she stopped on a certain page.

A blonde woman with a large grin held a sleeping baby as a thin long haired boy sat beside them, staring creepily into the camera lens.

"Hey mom. Who's this." Ruby asked curiously, turning the book towards her mothers eye.

Anne immediately smiled at the picture, "That's your uncle Charles and his girlfriend Tiffany. And me of course."

A feeling overcame the girl, chills breaking out on her spine as she gulped, "Charles? Who's Charles?"

"Charles Lee Ray. You know the famous one. People make all kinds of silly rumors about him. Like he's trapped inside of a possessed doll." Anne chuckled, shaking her head.

Ruby's face fell as her mother informed her, "We're related to him?"

"Yes, silly. He passed away a while back. Tiffany still visits sometimes. She's oddly weird now. I think his death really sent her off the rails."

She slumped back into the seat, lips parted as the photo album slipped off her lap and onto the raggedy couch cushion, "You don't believe that he's possibly a Chucky doll now?"

"No way. That's all a hoax. Dolls can't come alive, Ru." Anne sipped her drink, shrugging lightly.

"Yeah. Actually, can you give me a ride to the hospital? My friends are in there due to some explosion." Ruby asked, scooting to the edge of the sofa.

Anne nodded, "Of course."

The two buckled up in the front seats while Rubin rested his eyes in the back seat, Ruby's hands shaking as she was still in a stage of shock and complete denial.

The doll that had been ruining their lives was actually her uncle? This couldn't possibly be true.

Anne pulled up to the bust hospital, glancing at her daughter, "Are you coming home tonight?"

"I'm not sure. I might just sleep on a couch. I'll for sure be back tomorrow. Love you guys!" Ruby yelled before shutting her door.

She hurried into the hospital, searching for the curly headed boy with wide eyes.

He stood against a wall, one leg perched up with his arms across his chest, he lifted his head up at the approaching foot steps.

"Look, Jake. I'm sorry for the shit I said. I love you a lot. But thats not the point right now." Ruby apologized frantically. 

"Woah. Slow down. What's going on?" He asked with concerned features.

She swallowed, puffing out a breathe, "Chucky. He's my fucking uncle."

"The plastic toy is your uncle?"

"No, Jake." Ruby face palmed, shaking her head, "Charles Lee Ray! The person possessing the doll. He's in my family photos. It's all adding up now. God, I'm an idiot."

Jake brought his hand up to rest on his chin, "Wow. So you're related to a serial killer. Didn't he kill your grandma or something?"

"That's so irrelevant right now."

"Right, sorry." Jake nodded, forming his lips into a flat line.

Lexy came around the corner, holding two flashlights, she stopped when she saw the brunette standing by the boy, "What's she doing here?"

"We're talking. She's coming with us."  Jake smiled gently, grabbing a flashlight from the blonde.

"Going where?" Ruby cocked a brow in confusion.

Lexy handed her an extra flashlight, "My house, or what's left of it. We're searching for that thing that's trying to kill me."

Ruby hummed, grabbing the flashlight as she pursued her lips, "Then let's go."

With their hearts thumping through their chests, they snuck around the property, avoiding the security guard watching over the house.

The inside of them home was worse, burned down walls, furniture barely recognizable as it was sprawled into shreds amongst the floor.

Ruby furrowed her brows in concern as she stepped on the floorboard, it making a echoing creaking sound, she looked up at the blonde, "Are you sure these steps are stable?"

"No." Lexy shrugged, "Last place I saw him was in my room. What are you waiting for."

"I don't know where your room is." Jake gulped, a trace of paranoia in his voice.

Lexy rolled her eyes, "I'll give you directions. Just go."

Ruby fought the urge to curse the cocky girl out, instead she carried up the steps, ignoring the creaks as she hurried up them beside Jake.

The two paused as a rattling noise came from under neath them, their eyes became wide as they stared at each other with concern.

"Hey. Be careful." Lexy coed as they made it safely to the top of the staircase.

Ruby chuckled under her breath.

Jake glanced at the quiet girl, shining the flashlight over her merrily, "You okay?

"Stop asking me that." She spat, crossing her arms over her chest with a deep scowl.

"He's just trying to be nice." Ruby narrowed her eyes at her.

Lexy shot her a look, "Well he's not nice. And neither are you. Stop playing victim, Ruby. All of this shit has happened because of you two. Are you guys happy now?"

"I'm not happy. Can't remember the last time I was." Jake replied with a small frown.

"Me either." Lexy mumbled.

Ruby opened her mouth to speak before the wood snapped by her feet, she yelled as the debris formed a large cloud.

Jake rushed over to yank her closer to the main floor, saving her just before the top of the steps became even more out of shape.

Lexy furrowed her brows, "Did you really want me to die? Did it get that bad?"

"I almost just died! Stop making everything about you, Lexy." Ruby scoffed, bringing her hand to whisk the fallen strands away from her face.

"Yeah, it did that bad." Jake nudged the brunette beside him, shaking his head as she shoved his elbow away.

Lexy scrunched her face up, "Why didn't you just say something."

"Because I didn't think it would make a difference." Jake shrugged.

"I'm not a mind reader. How was i supposed to know how upset you were?" Lexy pouted slightly.

Ruby chuckled, "Usually when you treat people like shit, they get upset. But clearly your way to fucking dumb to realize it."

"But he didn't just get upset! He wanted me dead."

"I didn't know what else to do alright?" Jake shook his head.

I know y'all have been
dying for this chapter ;))
here!! Enjoy mwah