EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
real life stabbing?

RUBY HURRIED UP THE steep staircase and into the boys room, she froze, eyes wide as she watched her best friend hold a knife.

He jabbed the sharp blade into the standing doll repeatedly, Chucky siting on the floor casually.

She shut the door behind her as she sat on the bed opposite of the thrifted doll, avoiding eye contact with him as he picked at the chipped black nail polish.

"So you had the chance to kill her and you choked. And not in a good way." Chucky watched as Jake split the sculptures stomach open, orange beads scattering all over the hardwood, "It's called "completion anxiety."

Jake sighed before shooting him a look, "Look, I wanted to do it. I just couldn't. And besides, with my dad and Annie, I...couldn't just kill Lexy in the garage. It's too risky."

Chucky chuckled, "Pussy. And that means once again, I got do your dirty work for you."

"I-I don't know." Jake fiddled with the blunt end of the knife.

"Oh, come on, Jake. Let me fix your Lexy problem." Chucky offered, flickering his eyes between the sharp blade the boys side profile.

Jake furrowed his brows, "How?"

"We give her what she wants." Chucky cackled maliciously, reaching out for the knife as Jake slipped it into his small hands, "Shiny."

Ruby looked away from the duo, shaking her head slightly as she dusted off her jeans, she stood up and exited the bedroom with no words.

Junior sat at the bottom of the staircase, holding his head in his hands.

She walked down the steep steps, reaching him as she placed a hand on his shoulder, he flinched as he looked up.

"Sorry." Ruby apologized, crossing her arms over her chest as the boy glanced at her.

"No it's fine." Junior flashed a flat lip smile, it quickly dying down as he averted his eyes.

Ruby gulped awkwardly, "Everything okay?"

"Yes." He shrugged, playing with the ends of his sweatshirt, "Are you going to Lexy's party tonight?"

"No. Why would I? She hates me." Ruby chuckled.

Junior darted his tongue out as he sighed lowly, "Just wondering. Her parents are somewhere so she's throwing a huge party. She basically invited everyone."

"Well, not me. We're not the best of friends." Ruby chuckled, shrugging lightly.

"Oh, right." Junior nodded, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, the conversation dying down between the two.

Ruby raised her brows as she tucked her hand behind her ears, "Well, this is awkward. I'll see you later then.

"Wait." Junior stood up suddenly, gently placing his warm fingertips on the girls clothed wrist, she looked at him with wide eyes as his touch sent chills up her spine.

"Um, what?" Ruby swallowed, his hand still holding her arm back.

He looked hesitant before speaking, "I'm sorry. I've been a dick to you. Especially all of the shit I said to you at my uncles house. I should've have said it and I've been thinking about it every second."

Ruby's lips parted in surprise at his apology, she furrowed her brows, "Oh. It's fine. Really. I said some fucked up shit too. And I'm sorry for that."

"You had every right. You've been through way more than I have." Junior ranted, shaking his head, "Our situations can never be compared."

"Yeah. It's okay to have differences, Junior." Ruby smiled gently.

He nodded shyly, "Um, so, we good?"

"We've been good." She shoved his shoulder playfully before passing him, heading up with stairs with butterflies slamming into her stomach walls.

The jittery feeling had her biting her bottom lip to contain her beaming smiling from spreading across her lips, her cheeks now tinted a shy rosy pink.

Hi babies!!