THIRTY EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT
The return of Andy Barclay.

Junior opened the front door, welcoming the unfamiliar man with a small smile, waiting for him to speak.

"I'm looking for Jake Wheeler." Andy stated, running his eyes along the entrance of the home as the door was held open a few inches.

Junior hummed, looking the man up and down quickly, "And you are?"

"A friend." Andy replied simply, raising his brows at the boy.

"Jake's sure got a lot of new friends." Junior chuckled, raising his brows as pressed his tongue against the inside of his cheek, staring deeply at the mysterious man.

Andy cleared his throat, "Is he here?"

"Nope." Junior popped the ending of the word, glancing over his shoulder quickly at the girl standing at the top of the steps, then back at Andy.

"What about your mother?" Andy asked, noticing the change in the younger boys face.

Junior rolled his lips into his mouth, "She died."

"She died? How?" Andy cocked a brow, not being able to contain his curiosity, or maybe it was the redheaded doll responsible for it.

"Not that it's any of your business, but she killed herself." Junior replied harshly, clenching his jaw tightly.

Andy's eyes widened, blowing out a breathe of air, "Jesus. Well, is your dad home?"

"Yeah, actually, he is. This way." Junior flashed him a innocent smile, leading him into the home as he shit the door behind him, "So how do you know Jake?"

Andy followed the boy up the long staircase, "We met in an online chat group. For Good Guy doll collectors. Said he has one for sale."

Ruby leaned against the wall, watching the two carefully, her eyes meeting Andy's briefly before she glanced down.

"I didn't know he was getting rid of Chucky." Junior furrowed his brows, reaching the top of the stairs as he placed a hand on the girls shoulder.

Andy gazed at her, sensing her uncomfortableness as she stood close to Junior, "Is Chucky here? I'd love to take a look at him. I mean, if he's as mint as Jake says."

"I don't think you'll be disappointed." Junior smirked, "This is my girlfriend, Ruby."

Ruby turned her head towards him, eyes narrowing at him at her new title, she recovered, facing Andy with a grin, "Hello. Andy right?"

"Yes." He reached his hand out, the girl reluctantly shook it, "Aren't you related to Charles Lee Ray? I've read up on it. Feels like I'm meeting a celebrity."

Ruby chuckled at his joke, "It's really great. I am."

"Well, If you follow me I can let you talk to my dad. You'll be able to figure out where you're new friend is." Junior gestured his head towards the bedroom.

Ruby followed closely behind the two, the pit in her stomach growing largely as they turned into the bedroom.

"Huh. He was just here." Junior looked around confused, furrowing his brows.

"Your dad or the doll?" Andy observers the large room.

Junior stood by the dresser, leaning on it as he shrugged, "Both, actually. Uh...Dad? My mistake. I guess he went out."

Andy wasn't buying it, he crossed his arms, stepping deeper into the room, "With the doll?"

"I guess."

"Where'd he go, your dad?" Andy questioned, squinting his eyes at the brunette as he attempted to read through his lies.

Junior rolled his eyes, "Probably out with his girlfriend."

Andy hummed, "You don't mind if I take a quick look around, do you? just in case he's here? The doll, I mean."

"I don't mind."

Andy searched the close rooms, leading him back to the bedroom as he came up empty handed, "Look, I'm sorry. I know how weird this is. What's your name?"

"Junior. I'm Jake's cousin." Junior introduced himself, slipping a hand into the front pocket of his dark washed jeans.

"Andy. You said your dad went out with his girlfriend. You really think he brought the doll with him?" Andy tilted his head to the side, biting into his bottom lip.

Junior huffed, shaking his head, "I'd rather not think
about that at all. Thanks."

"Why don't we call him?" Andy proposed x

"What, now?" Junior gulped, laughing it off.

Andy nodded, "Yeah. Let's try his cell. And ask if he has Chucky?"

Junior reached for his phone in his back pocket, keeping a cool look as he typed his fathers mobile number, bringing it up to his ear as it rang loudly.

His fathers phone began to sound in the bathroom, Andy shooting his head towards the direction as he slowly made his way towards the room, Junior shooting a wearily look at Ruby.

Ruby was shitting bricks to say the least. She hated all violence, she hated lying, she hated doing anything to hurt someone. And right now, she was putting this man's life in danger.

Andy glanced around the empty room, cocking a brow in confusion, his eyes darting towards the full bath.

Junior entered the room, slipping his hand into the bathrobe, pulling out the cellphone, "He always leaves it."

"Having a bath?" Andy questioned, beginning to grow suspicious of the seemingly innocent boy.

He nodded his head, "About to."

Andy slowly approached the tub, water gurgling drawing his attention, he rolled his sleeve up, sticking his hand into the bath, waving his arm around as if he was searching for something.

Ruby bit her bottom lip, swallowing the huge pit in her stomach. She never wanted to puke more in her life.

The man stood, shaking his wet arm, "Be careful. It's freezing. Do you have any idea where your father and his girlfriend may have gone?"

"Nope." Junior replied back dryly with a slight shake of his head.

Andy hummed, "What about Jake?Where's he tonight?"

"Sorry. I have no idea." Junior plastered a smile, watching Andy nod his head with narrowed eyes.

"I'll let myself out." Andy announced, walking out of the bathroom, his boots clicking on the floor, he turned as he got to the tip of the steps to look back at the two teens, "But if you see Jake, tell him to call me. And Junior, if you see the doll, stay away from him."

Junior nodded, wrapping an arm around the brunette girls waist, "Okay?"

Ruby shrunk into his touch.

It's been a minute....HI