THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
Can't help falling in love.

SNEAKING THROUGH THE FRONT doors of the Wheelers residence, hands clutched, raindrops ticking their skin.

"Why do we choose to do this when it's about to downpour?" Ruby shouted over their laughter, the sound of their shoes hitting the pavement of the long driveway as they ran.

Junior laughed, leading her towards the end of his street with no direction, "C'mon. It's just a little rain."

The two ran down the street, coming to a halt by a more quieter road, he turned to her with parted lips as he panted, "This seems like a good spot. Don't ya think?"

"Yeah." She nodded as she caught her breathe, brushing her now damp hair away from her bright eyes.

He stared at her in awe, the water droplets making her look more beautiful, the occasional thundering noises made her yelp. He couldn't stop staring at her.

Ruby smiled in shyness as his brown eyes lingered, "Stop staring at me and dance with me, Wheeler."

She took his hand, bringing it to her waist, holding the other one, letting her free hand lay gently on his suited shoulders, still dressed in funeral attire, they began to slowly rock back and forth.

"Do you like Elvis Presley?" She asked with a hum, flickering her eyes between his.

He nodded with a sly smirk, "Love. A musical genius if you ask me. You know, there's a song that makes me think of you."

"Yeah? Which one?" Ruby quirked a brow, biting her bottom lip to contain the beaming smile that so badly wanted to flash across her lips.

"It's a simple one, really. It's a classic." Junior taunted, watching her scoff under her breath at his words.

She tilted her head to the side, "Every song of his is a classic, J. I'm gonna need a little more detail then that one."

Junior just hummed in her ear, the sweet melody had her furrowing her brows, cheeks growing red as she recognized the song.

"Wise man say. Only fools rush in." The teens laughed as they sang in sync, dancing along the street, headlights of passing cars shining on them, "But I can't help falling in love with you."

Junior rubbed his thumb on the skin of her hand, bringing them closer, continuing to sing the melody with her, "Shall I stay? Would it be a sin If I can't help falling in love with you?"

"Like a river flows. Surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be." He spun her, her dress spinning around her as she giggled loudly, bringing her back to his chest, "Take my hand."

She stared up at him dully, seeming to take in his facial features, "Take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you."

Ruby laid her cheek against his suit jacket, fluttering her eyes shut as they continued to rock back and forth and sing gently, "Like a river flows. Surely to the sea Darling, so it goes. Some things are meant to be."

"Take my hand. Take my whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you. For I can't help falling in love with you." The song finished, she lifted her head.

He cupped her cold cheeks, her hands coming to hold his wrists, he furrowed his brows with concentration, raking his eyes from her ocean irises to the roundness of her lips, "May I?"

"Please."

Their lips collided as thunder struck through the sky, giggles interrupting their kiss as they kept their eyes squeezed shut.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do that." He breathed out, placing his forehead against hers.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to do that." Ruby chuckled, bringing her arms around his neck as she pulled them in once more.

authors note

wow. finally!!
a whole small chapter
dedicated for the moment
we've all been waiting for.