SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
use of tactic.

CHUCKY'S WORDS HAUNTED THE girl, placing the glass cup into the sink as she scurried up the stairs, slowly creaking the door open as both of them turned to her.

"Welcome back. Feeling a little more refreshed?" The doll taunted slightly, Ruby ignoring him as she sat on the unaccompanied bed.

Jake swallowed, still glaring down at the knife as he'd think of skillful ways to kill the girl that made his life a living hell.

"So, Jake, are you more of a stabbing kinda guy or a strangulation kinda guy? 'Cause I see the appeal of both." Chucky asked causally.

"I-I don't know. Neither. I-I don't know if I can do this." Jake stuttered, clear hesitation in his hoarse voice.

Chucky shook his head, laying his back in the striped throw pillows, "Oh, sure you can. Easy. You want hard? Try choking someone with these. You hate her, don't you?"

"Of course I hate her." Jake spat.

"She's definitely got it coming." Chucky hummed in satisfaction.

Jake continued to clutch the knife, the blood in his gains flowing quickly, "Yeah, and I want her dead. But what if I'm not a killer?"

"Everybody's a killer if you push 'em far enough. And I think Lexy's pushed you right over the edge." The dolls voice was stern, causing chills to run up the girls body as she listened.

"Chucky?" Jake's bottom lip shook as he questioned him, "How did you end up like this?"

Chucky seemed amused, raising his brows, "Great question. In a lot of ways it was your standard voodoo soul transfer. My big innovation was using the doll. You see-"

"No, I mean, when did you become a killer in the first place?" Jake interfered.

"Oh, I get it." Chucky chuckled, "All right, kid, let me tell you the story of my first time. You never forget your first time. Step one, picking your prey. Could be a total stranger; could be someone close to you. Or maybe someone you just want to shut the fuck up. But no matter how you slice it, you gotta find that special someone."

Ruby squeezed her eyes shut, the image of the doll repeatedly stabbing playing in her mind over and over again on a loop.

She glanced at the knife in her best friends hand, then to Chucky who sat slouched against a pillow, going through every small detail of his first killing.

Her body felt woozy, his voice making her grow nauseous as he described the blood splatter staining his childhood home.

"Stop." Was all she managed to say, shaking her head as she couldn't stand it anymore.

"You scared of blood, kid?" Chucky teased, cackling to himself.

She glared up at him, "How could you be proud of something like that? Killing your own mother? That's pathetic."

Her words caught him off guard as he cocked a brow, "You know, Ruby, I'd think the same thing. But pathetic? That's a long stretch considering that you're mother isn't the best parent. I would talk about your father but he's been MIA since the day you popped out."

"Don't talk about him. You don't know anything." She spat back, growing angry at the mention of her father.

"Oh, but I know a lot more then you think. It's very close to home. Maybe even more close then you pictured." The corners of his mouth lifted into a horrifying smirk.

She sallowed, "What's that mean?"

"Nothing. Killing isn't in your nature, or is it?"

"You must be thinking of the wrong person. I'd never hurt anyone. I don't have a sick mind, Chucky. I'll never be like you!"

Chucky only sighed, "We'll see about that, Ruby."

"You're trying to mess with my head and it's not working. I'm not gonna listen to your bullshit words in order for me to lodge a knife into someone's chest." She flickered her eyes over to the curly headed boy, "I thought you'd be better than this, Jake. I clearly am thinking of somebody else."

Jake shot her a glare, "Since when we're you sticking up for Lexy? Don't you hate her? C'mon, Ruby."

"I hate her. You know I do. But killing her? That's not okay. Just because you get mad at someone doesn't give you the right to take their life." She shot back.

"She's gonna keep ruining our lives if I don't. I'm trying to make us happier. Can't you see that?" Jake defended, narrowing his eyes at the girl.

She scoffed under her breath, "Us? You're doing this for you, Jake. Stop trying to loop me into your murder plan. I'm not doing this shit."

"You're already in it. I'm doing this for you. Then you'd be able to live your happily ever after with Junior. Wouldn't you like that." He furrowed his brows, watching her face drop.

"Don't talk about that. I want him to be happy. He's happy with her and killing her is only gonna make it worse. You don't have the right to take someone's life. Yes, Jake, I know she's a bitch. I won't let you do this." Ruby slowly shook her head, cradling her knees.

He glanced down at the knife, "Who's side are you on?"

"The good side. I'm not killing anyone, Jake." Ruby shrugged.

"Then you're not on my side. You know, Chucky was right all along." Jake chuckled, setting the knife down as he looked up at the the firm.

She tilted her head to the side in confusion, "Right about what?"

"That's he's my only true friend till the end. I should've known that you'd pick him over me from the start. Be honest, you only came here because Junior lives here. That's it." Jake clicked his tongue.

"Are you shitting me, Jake? I came here because of you. I didn't care less if I lived with him or not. I came here so you'd have me." Ruby laughed in anger, shaking her head in disbelief.

He hummed, "Yeah. You should probably go to sleep now. You don't wanna get caught up in this, right?"

authors note <3

messy chapter af