FORTY TWO.

CHAPTER FORTY TWO.
The theatre night.

THE MAYOR STOOD IN front of the large crowd, a large smiled plastered on her tinted lips as she spoke confidently into the microphone, her two daughters beside her.

"I'd like to thank all of you for coming to this important event, a benefit not only for the children of Hackensack, but for children in need all over the USA!" She cheered, hearing the audience share laughter and whispers, "What better way to celebrate
the occasion than to announce the identity of our special celebrity guest--and I know this will come
as a wonderful surprise--Oscar-nominated actress and professional poker player, Jennifer Tilly!"

The audience cheered as the short haired woman appeared, her hand coming up to wave at them as she giggled,

"Hello, Hackensack. Hello! Hello! You look ravishing." Jennifer smiled largely, loving every minute of the attention.

Ruby stood off to the side, shaking her head at the woman's fake attitude, her attention being directed somewhere else as Junior peeked his head out from a door.

"Ruby! Help me. Please." He begged, disappearing around the corner, leaving the girl in confusion.

She furrowed her brows, glancing at her surroundings before slipping away to find the boy, she entered the long hall, hearing the sound of sneakers hitting the floor close by.

"Junior?" She called out, hurrying her pace, seeing him far down as he turned again, she groaned in annoyance as she began to jog.

He stood tall, the two meeting behind the projecting screen, the movie playing before them, she stopped as he stared her down, the look in his dark eyes sent shivers down her spine.

"Junior. Are you okay?" She swallowed, keeping a distance between them.

He chuckled lightly, peering down at her, "It's incredible."

"What is?" She asked, pulling her brows together as her hands shook by her sides.

"I used to be so afraid. Afraid to compete. Afraid of my dad. I was even afraid of you." Junior shook his head, watching the girl carefully.

Ruby opened her mouth, caught off guard by his words, "That's-"

"But Chucky changed everything."

"How's that." Ruby felt sick to her stomach as she stared at the boy, her guilt feeling making her woozy.

He blew out a breath before speaking, "He taught me how to be a man."

Chucky nodded his head, slowly approaching the brunette, "One of us, Ruby. That's what you are. It's in your blood! You're a winner. And you know what the winners say. Fuck the losers that can't take a joke. Come with us, and it'll be better than it ever was before."

"You and me together." Junior reached for her hands, she pulled away, causing a frown on his face.

"I'm not like that." She gritted through her teeth, her voice low and horse as she looked between the two.

Chucky spat angrily at her, "Bullshit! You're exactly like that and you know it. You and Junior are made for each other."

Ruby shook her head, tears coming to her light eyes, "I love you, Junior. I honestly do. Because you're kind, 'cause you were loyal, 'cause you forgave me when I screwed up. Even when I was a bitch. God, I could be such a bitch. And you're the sweetest boy I've ever met. You saved me, Jun."

Junior stared at her blankly, a saddened look on his face as her words struck him hard.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Chucky rolled his eyes, "He's not a boy, he's a man."

"No, Junior, you're a boy. And you will never be the kind of man he wants you to be." She cried out, desperately trying to make him hear her.

He trailed his eyes over her face, his dark eyes narrowing slightly as his lips turned down.

Chucky watched, feeling Junior slowly slipping out of the trance he was under, he yelled for the young boy, "Kill her now, Junior."

Junior kept his eyes on the girl, his chest pounding, the knife he was clutching beginning to shake.

hi lovies! sorry i haven't updated in a while.
prepare for the next chapters.
it's been a ride! thank you all <3