FORTY-THREE

CHAPTER FORTY THREE
Is this the end of it all?

RUBY STOOD STARING AT the boy, sensing the fear radiating off of him, the brown specks in his eyes running over her face.

"Junior." She spoke lowly, caution in her voice as she stepped closer.

He turned suddenly, launching himself at the small doll, the two rolling on the ground, Juniors knife driving clean into Chucky as he threw him beside him.

Ruby rushed over to his side, dropping to her knees as she held his cheeks, that was until she glanced down at his lower half.

The blood beginning to seep through his shirt, the metal part of the knife sticking out of his abdomen, the boy hissing in pain.

"Fuck, Jun. Fuck." She cursed in a panic, her shaky hands shrugging off the cardigan on her shoulders as she placed it around the wound, careful to not poke the weapon.

He admired her, worried that these were the last time he'd ever be able to look at her, his weak hands gripped hers, a small smile coming across his lips, "You've always been so beautiful. I wish I would've got to know you earlier. I'm sorry."

"Don't say that, Junior. You're gonna be okay. You're gonna be just fine." She shook her head, tears building in her light eyes as she held his nibble fingers.

"And what if I'm not okay?" Junior choked out, "Promise me that you'll keep going."

Ruby cried silently, her eyes squeezing shut, "J-Junior,please."

"I love you, okay? So much. I'll be with you everyday." Junior brought her knuckles up to his lips, kissing them gently as he shut his eyes weakly.

"I love you." Ruby kept her eyes shut, feeling his strength giving out as his body went stiff.

She shook her head, forcing her eyes open.

He laid there, not moving, his chest not pumping up and down, the color slowly leaving his soft skin, his eyes shut with peace.

She leaned down, clutching his head in her arms as she hugged him, placing her lips on his temple as she sobbed uncontrollably, knowing this is last time she'd ever feel him again.

Forcing herself to get up, she wiped her blood stained hands on her dress, the feeling of nausea overwhelming as she stumbled out of the theatre.

Jake stood outside of the doors along with Devon and Lexy, their eyes went wide at her appearance.

"Junior?" Jake asked with a concerned facial, she just nodded silently, he frowned deeply, hugging the girl.

Lexy joined the hug, Devon slinging his arms around the three.

The truck full of Good Guy Dolls revved it's engine, the group turning their heads at the absurd noise, Andy's reflection in the mirror as he sent them a cheerful smile.

Lexy chuckled, "He did it."

They watched him take off, praying that this was gonna be the end of this painfully long chapter of their lives.

Or maybe this was all just the beginning...

one more chapter left :(
i love you all so much.