♢3

Mathematics ended and it was finally after school. y/n was planning to ask Ashley out to go to the new cafe just in front of the station when Zen blocked her path.

"y/n are you free after school?"

y/n shook her head apologetically. 

"Sorry, I was planning on asking Ashley out."

As she was trying to move past Zen, he blocked every path by moving his body to the path where she intended to go. 

"Um... Zen? Could you please let me, pass?"

y/n looked at him with a confused eye, waiting for his response but all she saw was two eyes that had no highlight in them. She shivered by the coldness of the pair or eyes and uncomfortably looked away, unable to speak anything. When she slowly looked at him again, there was the perfect smile she had seen before. 

It must be a mistake, y/n thought. That way, she was able to convince herself it wasn't real. 

"I'm sorry."

Zen whispered beside y/n's ear, making her heat up. He soon walked past her, leaving the classroom with his schoolbag.

"A-Ashley!"

y/n yelled. Ashley walked over to her. An expression of anger on her face.

"y/n, you were gonna break my ear into a thousand pieces! What do you want?"

"I just want to ask you if you want to go to the new cafe in front of the station..."

Quickly, from an angered face, there was a face of love and excitement. Ashley jumped up and down, holding y/n's hand.

"Really! We should go! Definitely!"

It was easy to detect what she's thinking. She's thinking about all the sweet and cute food and drinks that can be bought only in that cafe. 

Ashley took her phone out and quickly searched something up. She brought it up y/n's face. It was the official account of that cafe on social media. Below, there were many pictures of the snacks and drinks taken by other people. They all looked extremely delicious, making y/n's stomach growl. 

"WE, HAVE, TO, GO, NOW!"

Ashley dragged y/n outside of school. Running, they both got to the cafe, tired and hungry. 

"Hurry! They said that they're having new seasonal snacks and it's limited!"

Before y/n could stable her breathe, she was yet again dragged by Ashley to the cafe. They found a seat and quickly put their school bags on the chairs to take the seats. They went to buy what they thought was good and went back to their seats holding two big trays of food.

"I think I'm going to get fat..."

y/n said as she looked at the huge pile of sweets in front of her.

"Yeah, but you would be skinnier than me."

Ashley on the other hand had 3 times the size of y/n on her tray. The waitress was shocked when Ashley ordered such an amount of food for just one person. 

The two of them laughed and talked while they slowly finished up their sweets. The day has already sunk and the sky was already orange when they finished up all of them. Unable to move from the fullness of the heaven they have experienced, they were slowly drifting to sleep.

"We can't sleep here..."

"I know but, I can't control it..."

Ashley's head went straight for the table and with a big bang, they were both wide awake. Ashley, with a big bump on her forehead because of the fall. 

"Geez, that hurts."

y/n couldn't stop laughing at the clumsiness of her friend. She regretted that she couldn't take a video of her and blackmail her a few years later.

"Well, at least you saved both of us from the embarrassment of sleeping until the cafe closed."

Ashley laughed and they both stood up, leaving the cafe. Ashley and y/n split midway for their homes as they said goodbye to each other. y/n was alone for the rest of the path. It was dark, and no person was seen. If someone came, kidnapping her right now, then no one would notice it. 

That sent chills down her spine as she ran up to her home. She also felt watched all the way and couldn't forget the feeling of eyes behind her back. 

Inside her house, it was dark and the hallway seemed to go on forever. y/n quickly turned on her light switch, feeling comfortable by the light. Going into the living room, it was empty. She flashbacked to the times where she and her parents were having a fun dinner time. Where her father would hug her and would spin her around. It was the good old days. Days that will never come back. 

Leaving the living room, she went to her own room. Turning the light, she moved her eyes to the table. There was a piece of note. She didn't recognize it. Slowly opening the folded note, the note was written in dark red ink. Color of blood. 

I'm watching you

y/n dropped the note in horror. 

Watching her? What does that mean? How did this note get inside my room? The door and the windows are locked tight. Is this written in, blood?

y/n's mind was tangled with negative thoughts. Her home was never the safest place. Rather it may become a cage when used by the other hands.

She scrambled up the note and threw it in the trash. She then went into the bathroom to wash her hands with soap. Again, again, and again. The smell of metal blew below her nose. 

It's blood. She realized. 

The note was written in blood. 

Fighting the urge to throw up, she went back to her room. 

"Why... how?... Who?..."

Is it human blood or animal blood? Either way, it died. Someone killed it.