side story /2/

The next day, Ray came to pick Nora up from the hotel. The two of them went to Ray's house and after locking the door, they hugged each other.

"You have gone through such hardship... I am so happy you were able to escape."

Ray said while patting Nora's back. 

Something came up from deep inside Nora. Something that she's been suppressing all this while. She burst into tears as she cried all over Ray but Ray didn't say anything. She just quietly patted Nora's back, making her feel secure.

After a couple of minutes, Nora was calm and Ray gave her a cup of cocoa to drink. They sat around the dining table and talked about something more common such as catching up on what they were doing when they couldn't contact each other. That made Nora's feelings more peaceful. Soon, the conversation heated up and the two best friends started to laugh and joke around. Seeing Nora becoming more like her herself made Ray smile automatically. 

"Wow, what a time. I need to go to the supermarket to get some food. You can stay here since it's dangerous. They might find you."

Nora nodded and Ray went outside to get some food for her. 

Nora looked around her best friend's living room because she had nothing to do otherwise. Her best friend was a neat person. Everything in this room was arranged perfectly. Even the flowers seem perfect when looking at her room. The windows were shiny clean and it seemed like there wasn't even a little dust in this room. 

Nora sat down on the sofa and stared at the black screen of the TV in front of her. 

Since she wasn't doing anything, all the memories came flooding into her brain. She ran away from her family. She actually disobeyed their orders. 

...Now they're trying to find her like crazy. 

"I cannot be found."

Nora whispered to herself. 

A year, she just has to endure a year. After a year, she's sure that the marriage arrangement is getting cancelled. 

But, what after that? Is she going to go back to the unwelcoming family? Clearly, they're going to throw her away and never let her in the house after the escape. 

So, in the end, she was all alone. Needing to survive by herself. 

At least she had Ray, right? 

Just then, Ray got home with bags full of ingredients. both her hands were red from carrying heavy stuff all the way home. 

If I didn't call for help, she wouldn't have to do things like this, to this extent. 

Nora thought, feeling guilty. 

The least she could do was help Ray put the ingredients inside the fridge. The cool breeze inside the fridge gave her chills down her spine as she neatly put the eggs inside. 

"Guess what today's dinner is."

Ray said, a smile up her lips. Nora thought for a while. Anything could be possible, but... her instincts told her to say...

"Omelet."

Ray's eyes widened and she frowned. 

"How'd you know?"

"I just felt like it was it."

Ray made a confused face but burst into laughter after a second.

"Guess I can't hide anything from my best friend."

Nora smiled back. In her heart, secretly hoped that this peacefulness continues in the future as well. Though that is unlikely since nothing can last forever.

"The first thing I have to do is find work."

Nora stated and Ray stopped cooking and looked up.

"Work?"

"Yeah, you know. I can't eat and live with your money alone."

"It's dangerous to go outside though. I prefer you stay home. It's safe for both of us."

If she states it like that, it's not wrong. It is indeed safe for both Ray and Nora if Nora stayed inside the house. But, she wasn't the type of person to just say yes to something that is not going to have any good for Ray.

"I am going to get a job. Don't worry, I won't be found out."

She winked but it didn't convince Ray in the slightest bit. Worry covered her facial features. Nora noticed and slowly walked towards Ray and hugged her tightly. Reassuring her that everything is going to be alright and that she doesn't have to worry about it. 

"Even if I get in danger, I won't say your name or anything so rest assured."

Nora smiled, but Ray didn't smile back. 

".........If you say so. Just be reaaaaaaaaally careful okay?"

Before Nora could say anything, Ray went back to cooking and Nora was left standing. She had to do something to help Ray, so she took a knife and started to cut tomatoes beside her. 

They haven't cooked together for a long time now, when they were in high school, they would cook different meals together. Once, the kitchen exploded when they did some kind of experiment with ingredients. That was a funny memory the two of them would never forget. 

Standing next to Ray, Nora feels like she is again living her childhood. Her childhood was now her dream life. When she was a child, or when she didn't know anything about the world around her, she was the happiest. Now, she just wants to go back in time and live that life again, where she didn't know anything about the world or the people around her. Just, smiling and accepting things that were given to her whether it's good or bad. 

The cooking went smoothly. They both had a delicious Omelet for dinner and watched a horror movie afterwards. The two girls weren't scared of horror movies, well, at least on the outside. Nora was screaming her heart apart on the inside. She just didn't show it in front. 

Swearing to god to not ever watch that movie again, it became pretty late when they finished watching it. Honestly, Nora wanted to sleep with Ray today... because she didn't want any hands grabbing her ankle when she was sitting on her bed. Or, have a head dangling from the ceiling, the wide eyes staring at her. 

"Ray, let's sleep together."

Ray smirked.

"You're scared aren't you."

"Shut up."