♢4

That night, y/n wasn't able to sleep. It was too frightening for her to sleep when someone may be inside her house. She stayed awake until the sun shone through the curtains. Everything felt unreal. The sun shone inside the room the same way as any other day. Today was also yet another day to go to school.

Maybe y/n's mentally wrong right now, but it's okay. If she doesn't convince herself so, she won't be able to keep her sanity. If she can talk to Ashley about this, then she would be a lot more comfortable. 

Looking at the mirror, y/n saw her disheveled self. There were shadows under her eyes. She could rest for a day and not go to school. But how can she rest when there are dangers inside her house? She got ready for school and put a piece of bread in her mouth. After finishing eating it, she bolted out of her house. She needs her only friend Ashley by her side, right now. 

Running inside the classroom puffed, the first person y/n saw was not Ashley but Zen. He looked like he was waiting for her to come. Wagging his imaginary puppy tail, he came to y/n with a bright smile of good morning.

"y/n! I missed you!"

y/n was not in the mood to play with Zen right now. She quickly looked away from him, searching the room for Ashley. She was nowhere to be found. 

"y/n? Are you okay? Did you sleep last night?"

y/n turned to look at Zen's worried face. All the emotions from yesterday swelled up and tears were forming under her eyes. Zen didn't let that pass and quickly took out a handkerchief to wipe away the tears. 

"y/n... tell me, what really happened?"

"It's nothing..."

y/n lied. It obviously was a big matter to her. She may be unable to go back to her home because of it. It was the last place of memory with her parents. 

"Are you sure?"

His soft whisper nearly broke the wall that she built in front of him. She wanted to cry but she can't do it in front of a guy she don't really know. 

"y/n?"

Then the familiar voice came from the door. y/n instantly turned her head and saw her savior. 

"Ashley!"

Pulling away from Zen, she ran up to her and hugged tightly. 

"Oh god, what happened to you! You look like you've risen from the dead!!"

Ashley giggled but y/n wasn't able to laugh. Ashley stopped giggling and notice her serious tension of y/n. She led her to the girl's bathroom. 

"Tell me, what the hell happened?" 

Ashley grabbed y/n's arms tightly, not letting it go. y/n was perplexed on if she should say it or not but soon she have chosen her decision. She explained everything that's happened in the past few hours and as the story went on, Ashley's face darkened.

"You need to stay at my place for a while. Someone's stalking you. I don't know he or she's motive but you can get killed in the worst case."

Killed, that was familiar to y/n. She has experienced it when she lost her parents. They were killed trying to protect her. She was not going to die so easily. That would waste her parent's death. 

"You're right. Can I stay at your house for a while?"

y/n felt more at ease. She had someone she cay rely on. A warm expression was on Ashley's face and she was hugging her lightly. 

"Come, let's get to class."

And the day started just like that. Being with Ashley, y/n felt like she was able to handle things on her own. Her existence encouraged her. 

"You're the best Ashley!"

y/n had her mouth wide open with a huge smile. 

Classes have started and today is yet another day of school. 

Zen's eyes were all at y/n all the time. She never noticed it though. His plan was going great than he thought it would. It was not in his prediction that she would be tired and unhealthy after giving her that note, but it was still worth it. She can only rely on him. Soon, the only one who can help her would be him. Only, him.

All of the class ended with the bell and everyone was delighted that tomorrow there was no school. People started to talk about what they're going to do after today and asked people out on dates. 

In y/n's class. There were a few couples and they were planning on doing a date this Sunday with a few other couples too. Having a boyfriend was y/n's dream but because she can't really get close to one of them, she have lost hope a long time ago. 

"People are so happy about Sundays when we have exams in a week." 

Ashley was packing her stuff up when she put in some more science books inside the bag. She must be going to study this Sunday for the exams. 

"No wonder you always get second on every exam!"

"Yeah says the person who gets first even if she doesn't study."

she glared at y/n who was laughing awkwardly. 

"Oh, you get first on every exam?"

"Zen! Stop popping out of nowhere, it scares me!"

Zen appeared from behind y/n and she flinched. He laughed as he apologized.

"Should we do a bet?"

He suggested and both y/n and Ashley's ears were listening.

"If I win against you for the next week's exam, you have to listen to one thing I say? If you win, I'll do what you say."

That wasn't a bad idea for y/n. If she was able to let Zen do anything she wants, she would tell him to take back what he said about her being his girlfriend. Even though she did want a boyfriend, she didn't want a boyfriend who gets to control her every move. 

"Okay then, deal"

"Deal."