side story /4/

The woman came in again, holding a new mug of coffee. With a glare, she handed it to me and instantly changed her expression to a broad smile when she faced the CEO. Now Nora wondered if there was something inside the coffee, like drugs. Considering the woman's hatred towards me, it's not impossible for her to make a move. 

Ren stared at Nora who was frowning at the coffee. 

"Did you not like it?"

Nora looked up and met the man's eyes. She thought about what to say and opened her mouth.

"Oh, no it's okay. It's just that I have a specific taste when it comes to coffee so I'd rather make it my own."

She glanced at the woman to see if she had any suspectable expression on her face. Before observing, the woman moved towards Nora and smiled. 

"Oh but... I made this coffee wholeheartedly. Are you really not going to drink it?"

Oh wow, she looks so pitiful~. I feel so bad~. 

It was more than obvious that she was trying to be a "good girl" in front of the CEO. Additionally, she seemed to want Nora to drink the coffee, which just confirmed that there was something inside it, which is harmful. 

Nora hooked up the edge of her mouth towards the woman. The woman made a confused face while she kept the pitiful mask. 

"Oh really? I am so sorry for that... since I didn't drink it, should I just give it to Mr.Fellford? Do you mind, Mr?"

Ren looked at Nora and couldn't help but put a slight smile on his lips. He already knew that there was something inside the coffee the woman... who he can't remember the name of... gave to Nora. Originally, he was going to punish the woman himself... but it seemed that this problem could be solved by Nora alone. 

"H-huh? Uh... O-Oh, um I actually forgot to put sugar and milk inside~. Ah, I got to go... well have a great day Mr. Fellford!"

Taking the drugged coffee with her, the woman ran away from the office in a rush. Everything was cleared now and when Nora gave a sigh of relief. She felt an eye staring at her. 

"... Mr. Fellford..."

She blurted out. It is a fact that she used him in order to deal with the woman. Was she going to get punished? On the first day? 

"You seem to be very good at using people huh?"

Oh man, look at that man's face!! Not a single piece of information can be driven out from that poker face of his.  She needed to answer quickly. Not only an answer but an answer that would keep her place in the company. 

"Um... uh"

The panicked girl in front of Ren stuttered and he was using every bit of energy left to suppress himself from smiling. What a little bunny she is. She doesn't even know how he's feeling inside when he sees her at all. So... white and pure. 

---- a color that can be tainted easily. 

A dark filter covered Ren's eyes but it quickly flashed away. 

"Mr. Fellford, about that... could you just please spare me this one time?"

Through Nora's eyelashes, she hastily looked at the CEO in front of her. Her mind was full of the words "I can't lose this job, no, not now,"

The two people stared at each other when Nora looked away because of the silence in the room, making her feel awkward. 

"Alright, but on one condition."

Nora gulped. What kind of condition is it going to be? Is she going to be forced to work for 3 days non-stop? Or is she ordered to clean the whole floor with just a mop and a bucket? Is going to get ordered to run around the company with a paper on her back, embarrassing contents written inside? 

As she sunk into thoughts deeper and deeper, her imagination created every possible condition it could think of. Worse, each one of them gets more extreme and terrible. 

"Go to dinner with me, today."

...HUH? 

Wait... um... dinner? 

Nora was dumb folded. Dinner? DINNER? JUST DINNER? 

"Wha- Are you sure?"

She can't believe the condition to be that simple. A dinner? A dinner. She can do that. Hell, she can do it multiple times if the CEO wants. 

She felt all the stiffness of her body instantly releasing into the air and fell down to the couch. Ren smiled at the behavior before picking up his phone and calling someone. He talked on the phone briefly about the financial aspects of the company while looking at his computer, and doing his work. 

Nora could see his face clearly from this angle. 

Straight and tall nose, red lips, and hair that looks so soft to run through. No wonder the woman she met would want to look good. This man was rich, generous, and handsome. In other words... "PERFECTION." Like, even his voice sounded soothing and sweet. His girlfriend must be the luckiest person alive to have a boyfriend like him. 

While Nora was daydreaming, Ren continuously felt the stare from Nora. He was glad that she was interested in him and appreciated his looks for the first time in his life. Since young, he didn't really like his looks because they would attract bugs like crazy, but now... he appreciated it very much. 

What is the woman thinking? Is she thinking about him perhaps? Or is she thinking about something else? Today's dinner maybe? 

Or is she thinking about some other man?

His eyes darkened as he glared at the PC screen. The last time he checked, she didn't have a lover. She was a single woman... well, except she ran away from home. But he doesn't know if she had someone in her mind or not. 

Whatever he has plenty of time to find that out.  What his goal is to get close to her slowly and gain her trust. Then, can he relax a little?

Everything has to be finished before she gets tainted by others.