side story /5/

After work that day, Ren took Nora to dinner. Sitting on the black Rolls Royce was unnerving for someone like Nora. Plus, why does she feel like Ren is sitting too close to her? There was literally a whole seat he could use. 

"Are we there yet?"

She looked outside the window to see many tall buildings coming and going. 

"Almost."

A vague answer came back. Almost could literally mean anytime. It could take an hour to arrive or they could arrive in a minute. It all depends on the person who said it. 

Nora concluded that Ren didn't want to tell her approximately when they would get to the restaurant. She just continued staring outside the window blankly since there wasn't much she could do in a car so close to the CEO. 

Around 10 minutes later, she arrived at a restaurant. Rather than calling it a typical restaurant, what she saw in front of her was a tall building. It cannot be compared to the company building, but this was still overwhelmingly tall. 

"Uh... Is this really a restaurant?"

She pointed at the huge glass door and asked. Her mind was not functioning properly because of all the information. 

Ren nodded like there was nothing wrong with it. 

Nora immediately looked down at her clothes and checked if it was suitable for such an expensive-looking restaurant. If the CEO didn't say anything about the dress code, then it must mean that she's fine looking like this. 

Ren must have felt the nervousness coming from her and lightly grabbed her hand. 

"It's fine. Just think of it like a normal restaurant and follow me."

Yeah, like it was easy for Nora to do so. But actually holding hands with Ren made her relax a bit. 

"Okay... but next time we do this can we go somewhere less intimidating?"

"Oh? Like where?"

"Just a random family restaurant..."

After a pause, Ren opened his mouth.

"I'll think about it."

He smiled, showing his teeth. Ren lead Nora inside the building and immediately a man in a suit greeted them. 

"Mr. Fellford, we have been waiting for you."

A perfect smile up on the waiter's lips. He must be a professional at this job, there weren't any flaws in the smile while on the opposite side, Nora was trying so hard to smile making it look weirder every second.

They were led to a private room in the restaurant and Nora and Ren sat facing each other. The room was brightly lit by a big chandelier and there wasn't anything on the table except for two glasses. Not even a menu. The waiters and waitress standing by the wall came to us and poured wine into our glasses. Nora could tell from the smell that the wine was exquisite. One of the walls in the room was made of glass, therefore they were able to observe the bustling cars and lights below them. 

"It's beautiful..."

She admitted, sipping her wine that probably would be her last. After admiring the night scenery, meals were brought in by another waitress from the outside. 

Just how many people are they using for two customers, she thought. 

During the meal, Ren talked about the company a little bit deeper. Especially what kind of people worked in his company. She asked about the rude woman who came in today.

"Her name is Vienna."

Nora waited for more information to be spoken, but it looked like that was it. 

"Um... is that it?"

"What more do you want?"

"Like her, personality?"

Ren stopped his knife from cutting the steak.

"You should ask her yourself then."

Hah, no way Nora would find trouble getting near Vienna. She already hates her. It's impossible to have a proper conversation. The next time they meet, they would be throwing daggers at each other. 

They talked until the desserts were brought in. Ice cream. 

Nora liked ice cream. She could eat a whole box in an hour, with a good TV show or movie shown on the screen.

She ate the ice cream like it was the best thing she ever ate in her life. She gobbled up all the ice cream and instantly felt her brain freeze. She ate it too quickly. 

"Are you okay?"

Ren asked, she nodded and smiled. Ren reached his hand to wipe off the little bit of ice cream on the corner of her lips and licked it. 

"mm, It is indeed tasty."

Nora's face turned bright red as she opened and closed her mouth. 

Did- did he just, no wait, what? I can't- HUH?!

"Y-you have the same ice cream as mine though..."

"I wonder why yours tastes more delicious then."

With a sly smile, he said.

She felt countless eyes staring at her from every angle. She met eyes with one of the waitresses and instantly looked away in full-on embarrassment. There were people inside this room. Not only one or two, but four or five of them!! They were all staring at Nora and Ren's behavior. 

Everything has been seen by people. Actual, people. What is worse, is they're not in that kind of relationship. Nora prepared for when Ren's girlfriend is suddenly going to appear and kick her ass. How was she able to explain?

Wait for a second, it wasn't her who started it... 

She glared at the criminal in front of her. 

"We're not supposed to do that! What about your girlfriend finds out or something?!"

She whispered as lightly as she could. 

Ren widened his eyes at the mention of a girlfriend. 

"I'm single."

Oh. 

No, wait that's not the point at all, Nora reminded herself. 

"Whatever it is, don't do this in public at least! There are so many people watching us."

Ren chuckled.

"They wouldn't dare say a thing in front of us."

"Yeah but, it's embarrassing!!"

Seeing her face becoming red made him unable to restrain his laughs. 

"Okay, I won't do it in public."

"Don't do it in private too!!"