side story /3/

A few weeks passed, peacefully. Her family didn't discover Nora, and she was sure enough that her family had given up on her. So, she decided to repay her best friend by starting to work in a company. 

Luckily enough, she got hired by a famous company, which is known all around the world. She didn't exactly know why they would employ such an ordinary girl like her, but hired is hired. She has decided to go and work all her energy away. 

Nora stopped in front of the tall and shiny building. Tall? No, it cannot be described only by such words. It was humongous. It was wide and the height seemed as if it could reach heaven. Her first thought seeing the building was... that she was definitely going to get lost. 

And, of course, she was right. 

Walking down the marble floor, she wandered around the corridor. Her feet started to get tired from all the walking. It seemed like she was walking down the same place over and over again. 

"Hello? Are you okay?"

A manly voice called her from behind. She turned around and saw a very tall, and handsome man, smiling at her like an angel. 

"Oh, um... I'm kind of new here, and I think I'm lost."

His stare went down my hurting feet and his smile faded a little.

"You must have walked a lot. Are your feet okay? It looks red."

His worried voice echoed throughout the corridor. Was there only her and him on this floor? No one seems to even come here. 

"Oh, yeah um... I'm fine."

Nora smiled awkwardly. 

"Could you help me find my way to the... main office? The e-mail stated that it was on this floor."

The man looked at me and smiled even wider. 

"Yes, I indeed will. But first..."

When Nora realized it was already too late, the man's long and slender arms went around her leg and carried her up bridal style.

"Wait!"

Their difference in strength was just too great. It was meaningless for her to struggle. Besides, he was doing this for her good. Eventually, she let the man carry her wherever she went. 

He walked for a while and opened a door leading to a bright sun-filled room. It was huge and on the side, there were shelves full of files. In the middle, there were sofas and a coffee table, and at the back, there was a huge desk with a huge computer. On the desk, there was a golden nameplate, written {CEO Ren Fellford}. 

THIS IS THE CEO'S OFFICE!!!

She was in the CEO's office. What if the CEO found out that she was here, without permission? No, first of all, why did this man bring her here? To humiliate her or to make her cause trouble on her first day of work. 

Nora turned her head around, panic covering her face when the man laughed out loud.

"Your face says that you're doomed."

"It's the CEO's office!! We're not supposed to be here!"

"Oh, we have every right to be here, Nora."

"How did you-"

He leaned over the CEO's desk, a wide and angelic smile up on his face.

"Because I hired you."

Nora's mind instantly went in a circle for a minute before comprehending what the man in front of him said. He, hired, her. 

She stared at the man leaning into the desk and realized that he was the CEO of this company. The CEO of the company carried her here. 

From her experience, mostly affected by her family, CEOs are strict and cold-blooded. Sacrificing anything just to earn more profit. They don't choose how, they just do what they consider the best choice. But in front of her, it was like she was looking at something more like an angel. 

Indeed, the world is a massive place. You can't predict everything around you. 

Since she realized her rudeness, she quickly introduced herself. 

"Oh don't worry about that. I already know everything about you."

That sounded a little bit creepy for some reason. Though thinking about it, it's nothing strange since he's the CEO and he needs to check if his company is getting good employees. 

"So, I was told to come here and I could have a job... what's my job, sir?"

The e-mail only stated that I was hired and I needed to come to this place today. Nothing else, not even what kind of job I am doing. 

"Your job is to stay here."

Huh? What kind of job is that?

Stay there? Does he mean that she needs to pretend like a stone? What exactly does it mean by stay here???

"...What are you doing?"

Nora stayed right there, not moving for a while when the CEO... Ren looked at her.

"I'm... staying?"

"You can move around you know. Just don't go out of this room. Do you want some coffee."

"I love to."

...No... wait, this is nothing she had expected. She thought she was going to stare at the computer all the and type things constantly. Instead, her job was to just exist. 

What is this CEO thinking?

A moment later, a woman in a suit came with a tray with coffee. One cup of coffee. Ren stared at the coffee and narrowed his eyes. His stare turned into a glare towards the woman.

"I thought I said to bring two."

The woman looked confused but when she saw me, she immediately realized what she did wrong.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't know sir had a guest... I'll immediately go and get another one."

She apologized and before leaving she stared at Nora as if she was some kind of filth. Nora, of course, didn't like that. 

That was rude. 

"Sorry about that."

Ren sighed as he turned his gaze from the computer to Nora. Nora quickly shook her head and smiled.

"No, it's totally fine. Things like that can happen. People make mistakes."

Though she can't forget how that woman stared at her a few seconds ago. Her eyes included hatred and something else in it. Was it a bit of jealousy? Whatever it is, Nora knew that the woman was up to no good in the future. She had to be careful.