♢9

Having nowhere else to go, y/n wandered the streets. Street lights were dim and that made the streets more frightening. There could be eyes anywhere around her. Watching her every move.

She knew wandering the streets only made her tired. She took out her phone and searched for anyone she could find for help. At this moment, she really wished that her parents would stay by her side to make her more comfortable. 

While searching the phone, she found "Zen" in it. A spark of hope lit her mind. She immediately called him, waiting for his answer. 

"Yes?"

"Great! You picked up..."

y/n was about to say if she could stay at his house for a while but then closed her mouth. 

If she say that, Zen was also going to be in danger. She can't afford to do such things to her friend. She was already worried about Ashley being in danger. 

"Uhm, sorry it's nothing. I think I called the wrong person."

She quickly hang up the phone and put it back into her pocket. She stared at the ground for a long time. There were people passing her and looking at her. All those eyes represent pitifulness for the girl. Then, she felt water dripping on her face. It was starting to rain. If she doesn't find shelter soon, she would freeze to death. 

"What an unlucky day..."

y/n sighed. 

She was not moving her spot. She felt like doing nothing. Just cooling herself up in the rain. 

"You're gonna get wet. I don't want you to catch a cold."

An umbrella covered her top. She looked at the person helping her.

"Zen... How did you know I was here?"

"Uh, well. I was just passing by!"

He smiled and held his hand. y/n took his hand and stood up, feeling a little secure and relaxed. 

"You seem really desperate. What's going on."

y/n hesitated for a while before talking about all the things that happened to her and how she was running away. Zen listened to her talk and curved up a smile. A full smile that can scare the hell out of people. When y/n looked up to see his reaction, he made a calm and concentrated look.

"I see. Then you should come to my house. I can protect you."

He smiled. 

"Maybe that person's going to attack you! I don't want you to get into trouble."

"I'm fine. I'm quite confident in my skills."

In fact, Zen was a professional assassin. He was a better killer than most others. The best, at hiding bodies. 

"Even so, I don't want anything to happen to you. This is my problem and I need to face it myself."

It was weird for y/n to say when she told everything to him, which means she wanted help. 

"It's okay. You can just stay for a while and if there's anything that's going to happen, we can think about that later."

y/n hesitated on the answer. She really needed a place to stay today and it was a chance. But then, there's this stranger problem and also, she has never ever stayed under the same roof with a boy. 

"Come on. It'll be fun."

She was not sure if it would be fun or not, but she chose her decision.

"Fine, I'll go with you. But I'll leave the next morning."

"Sure~"

Zen pulled y/n closer and whispered into her ears. She flinched by the warm air that's brushing against her ears. Not noticing Zen's hand around her waist, she and Zen headed to Zen's house. 

Inside the house, or rather a mansion. She greeted Zen's father. Then, Zen lead her to her room. 

"Zen, where's your mother?"

"...... She's in there. You want to meet her?"

"Yes!"

"Wait at the table, I'm going to make a cup of tea for you first."

y/n obediently sat down on the sofa and waited for his tea. While waiting, she looked around the huge guest room. It was well decorated but it was odd for her. Everything was in her favorite style. The color, the furniture, everything. She couldn't stop feeling that this room was prepared for her. That made her uncomfortable. 

Just then, Zen came into the room with a cup of tea. It smelled delicious and y/n took a sip of it as soon it was handed to her.

"It's relaxing."

She didn't know what the tea was made of, but she would gladly try this tea again in the near future. She may become addicted to this taste. 

"I'm glad that you liked it. Let me make you some more someday later."

"Thank you."

After having a chat and drinking all of the tea inside the cup, it was time for her to meet his mother. They came in front of a door and Zen opened it. There was his mother, sitting on the sofa and reading a book as usual. 

"Zen. You came again. Who may this cute woman be?"

y/n flushed by the word cute.

"I'm y/n. Nice to meet you..."

For a second, Zen and his mother made eye contact with each other.

"Nice to meet you, y/n. Come, sit beside me."

y/n went to sit beside her and suddenly, became sleepy. Was it because the sofa was too comfortable? She couldn't stop the sleepiness from going away. She was slowly drifting to unconsciousness.

"Why..."

The last scene she saw was the crooked smile of Zen.