♢5

y/n studied hardest for the exam next week. Every day and night, she would go up to her desk and open up her textbook. 

And so, the day of the exam came in an instant. y/n took a deep breath and faced the test papers in front of her. When the bell rang, everyone took their pens and started to answer the exam. 

The day ended quickly and y/n was tired from all the concentration. She slowly walked up to Ashley. 

"The exam ranking will be up in a few days. I'm so excited. I bet you're gonna get first again!"

Ashley said with a grin. In the past few days, she also studied more than she would normally. Though she still doesn't think that she can win against y/n, she was confident that she would get her highest score. 

"I know, I think I also did great this time!"

y/n and Ashley high-fived each other and laughed. 

"Don't forget about your opponent, y/n~."

"Zen! How did you do on your test?"

y/n said with confidence. She was sure that she could win this bet. 

"It was easier than I thought."

He smiled. y/n couldn't read the expression on his face even though he's smiling. 

"Well, I guess everything will be clear in a few days. If I win the bet, you have to take back what you said about me being your girlfriend."

y/n announced. 

"Sure. If I win... I'll tell you when that day comes."

Zen smirked. He was obviously confident in his answers. 

There was invisible lightning hitting each other between y/n and Zen. Ashley was looking at the two with a frown. 

"Can you two stop it? It feels like I'm stupid because I can't compete with you two!"

Ashley barged in between us and pushed y/n away from Zen. She glared at Zen, hugging y/n tightly in her arms.

"And also, Zen, you're not having my y/n!"

She glared lightly while adding power to her arm, squeezing y/n.

"..."

Zen's smile instantly dropped into a cold and hard glare. Evey though he's not speaking, Ashley knew that he was not satisfied with her sentence. She also figured out the dark side of the always-smiling Zen. 

Zen was not going to control himself when y/n wasn't facing him. y/n was being hugged by Ashley, facing backward. It was the perfect time for him to warn her friend that she belong to him. By just glaring at Ashley, he saw her scared face and evilly smirked.

"y/n can choose. Right?"

Then, Zen put on his smile and asked y/n, who was nearly squeezed to death. 

"Huh? I was busy trying to get myself comfortable... Sorry, didn't hear anything..."

y/n laughed awkwardly. She had no idea what was going on between the two. 

"Oh, nothing really. We just talked about some random tv show."

Ashley answered. y/n noticed her voice was shaking for some reason. 

Is Ashley okay? What happened? She must be too worried about her grades to the extent of her voice shaking.  y/n must not say anything to provoke her worry. 

"Hey, should we go watch a movie after this?"

y/n suggested, trying to get rid of the uncomfortableness between the two people. Zen and Ashley both agreed with a nod and at the same time, y/n's phone rang. 

"Hold up."

She took the phone and ran out of the classroom. On the other side of the phone, it was her part-time job leader. 

"Can you please help us with the store today, Felix is absent today and there's no one else who can help besides you... We'll make sure to add this to your salary."

It was the worst timing ever. She wanted to say no but couldn't because the voice was too desperate. She looked at Zen and Ashley from outside the class and thought for a minute. 

Her parents did leave some money for her to live for a long time, but it would not be enough if she was playing like this every so and then. Also, she had to learn to work because she would need that experience when she gets older. But she also needed to spend time with her friends. It's either friendship or work. It was a hard choice for her to choose.

"Thank you for contacting me. I'll immediately go there."

y/n finished the phone with a quick "thank you," and ran up to her two friends.

"Sorry, I can't go to the movies. You guys can go with each other!"

"Why?"

"Work,"

y/n stated and started to pack her bags up in a hurry. Then, she sprinted out of the classroom, running to the store near her school. Her hair was messed up and she was puffed. When she saw her part-time leader in front of the store waiting for her, she waved her hand.

"Sorry, I'm here."

y/n quickly went to the staff room and changed to her uniform. She was a waitress and she needed to go serve quick. She took orders and send dishes to the customers. When everything was getting more stable and customers were starting to get less, she was finally able to rest.