♢8

Zen made a cold stare towards Mark. He has had enough of Mark saying bad things about his girlfriend. Even though he agreed with the rumors spreading all around the school. he couldn't stand his girl getting bullied by another man. 

"Oh, the boyfriend comes to rescue~."

Mark laughed. 

"Hey, do you want your right arm chopped off or your left arm?"

Zen stated with a smile. The words he said were definitely not fit for a smile though. 

"Huh? What are you talking about? Are you crazy?"

"Please, choose. Choose wisely."

"What the hell of a question is that? Boys, I think he's gone mad!"

The boys and Mark laughed together at him. But still, Zen didn't break his smile but rather smiled wider.

"Cool, both then."

It even felt like he was happy about it. y/n was watching this abnormal situation and she was about to ask Zen what he meant by the words when the bell rang. 

"Guess I'll have to ask him next time."

She said as she sat in her seat next to Ashley. She let her sit on the right and when she turned left, she saw Zen. There was no sound or footstep of him sitting here at all. He was there all of a sudden. Like a ghost. 

Ms. Trice walked into the classroom. y/n's eyes met with hers and y/n looked away uncomfortably. But still, she was able to feel the glare from her mathematics teacher. Ms. Trice must be thinking of many ways to let her be embarrassed in front of the whole classroom. What did she do to get such treatment when all she did was live her life? 

Unlike her prediction about Ms. Trice getting furious at her for no reason, the class ended peacefully. She was never asked to answer anything, just sitting there like what everyone else is doing. That was a first. It also made her wonder why Ms. Trice suddenly changed her attitude towards her. 

" Well, at least it ended peacefully."

Peace is the best. If anything is peaceful, then there's no worry at all. She didn't need to think that deep into why Ms. Trice's attitude changed towards her. She didn't really care. All that mattered was how she was going to have a more comfortable lesson from now on. That made her curve her lips upwards slightly. 

After that class, things flowed in a matter of seconds. Class ended and it was already time to go home. Ashley rushed out in a hurry, telling y/n that she had matters to attend to. There was only Zen and y/n left. She was about to ask him out when he said he also had something to do. Then, there's y/n left. All alone. 

Regretting not making more friends, with a heavy sigh, she walked out of school. The clouds covered the sky and shut out all the sunlight. It seemed that it might rain any time. Before the rain falls, she needed to get back to Ashley's house. Automatically, her feet started to move. Running and running, she headed towards her new temporary home. Inserting the key into the lock, she opened the door. Then around the same time, thunder roared the atmosphere. Lightning flashed to the ground. 

"...!"

At the sudden sound and light, y/n crouched and covered her ears. 

"That was, scary."

Using the wall to support her body, she headed to the sofa. Her body sunk into the soft material and relaxed instantly. If there was a hot cup of coffee, that would be perfect. Her bag was sloppily dropped on the sofa. She left the bag there and went to her room to get changed to her room wear. Then, she saw the card. Sitting on the table. 

"What is this?"

She picked up the card and opened it. 

I love you.

It was written with blood again. The same person. The same mysterious person. It knows where she's at. What she's doing. It is watching her. 

"No, no way. Not again!"

she immediately scrunched the card and threw it in the trash. There was no way, it could have found where she is. How did it even get inside? She was a hundred percent sure that she locked the window. 

With a realization, she dashed to her window. The key lock was broken. It looked like someone forcefully broke it using its grip strength. It must have strong hands to be able to break such a hard lock by force from the outside. That fact, made y/n frightened even more. That also meant that there was a low chance of her escaping from it when it gets her. 

"No, no no no no no no no no no."

Whatever this person is, Ashley's house was not safe for her. If she stayed there any longer, she would make Ashley suffer too. This was her problem, she was not going to get Ashley involved in this mess. She needed to solve it alone. 

Packing the necessities and everything inside her bag, she wrote a quick note saying that she's leaving Ashley's home. Putting the key on top of that note, y/n walked away from the house.

It was raining outside. She had no place to stay except for a hotel. But thinking about how much money she got from her parents and job, it was unable for her to live for a long time. She needed to find a place to sleep for today. Walking on the sidewalk, she looked at every doorstep she passed by, wanting to knock on it. If things go on like this, she would be sleeping on the sidewalk. The newspaper being her bedding.