002; two doors down the hall

THIRD PERSON.

"BAD NEWS," JACK SAID AS HE WALKED INTO HIS and the guy's studio, staring straight at Daniel and Jonah.

"Can you go? We're setting up your birthday surprise." Daniel looked at him, a balloon hidden poorly behind his back.

"Kate's studio space has been moved." Jack told them, watching both of their faces fall, "...she's two doors down the hall."

"Does he know?"

"No." He shook his head, "but he's got to walk past it to get to the coffee machine and it literally says Katelyn's studio."

"They'll bump into each other at some point." Jonah frowned, "we've been making sure he avoided that side of the building she was on for a reason."

"It's probably because Randy and Fred are best friends and he wants both his artists closer," Daniel explained, "it'll be fine, it's been a year surely they won't feel any awkwardness now."

"I heard she's back with Isaac." Jack mumbled, "Syd keeps me updated on this gossip."

"Him? Again?" Jonah raised his eyebrows, "aren't her songs about that guy?"

"Yeah," Jack said through a laugh, "it's ridiculous."

"Well.. maybe this is a good thing because they can see each other again and-"

"Happy birthday!" Corbyn and Zach said in sync as they stood behind the birthday boy, smiles on each of their faces with a cake held in Corbyn's hands.

"It's chocolate cake." Zach said.

"I got him vanilla." Daniel looked to them both, "we said we were getting the cake."

"We didn't want vanilla." Corbyn frowned, "so we got him chocolate."

"I'll take both." Jack held his hands up, "I love both, thank you."

"What were you guys talking about?" Corbyn asked, placing the cake down on the table as the three glanced between each other.

"Oh, uh, just my birthday." Jack shrugged, "I walked in when they were planning the surprise."

"Idiot." Zach mumbled, "even I didn't do that."

"No you woke up like two hours late." Jonah said, "you ruined it by showing up late."

"We were all hungover." Zach argued, "it was not just me, plus the day was still great so I don't know why you're complaining."

"Hello, attention on the birthday boy please." Jack frowned, "can we not have my party combined with the fourth again?"

"Well... that's the only day we have free closest to your birthday." Jonah said.

"We could always celebrate on the fifth and go out then," Corbyn shrugged, "people are always hungover so it won't be too busy, a little bonus."

"Where?" Daniel asked.

"We could go round a few bars." Jack suggested.

"Thanks guys," Zach smiled and nodded, "thanks for thinking of me again like last year."

"Shut up use a fake ID." Jack looked at him, "it's my party I can decide who I invite."

"Are you scared to use a fake one? You're literally 20 just grow up Zach." Corbyn rolled his eyes, "get drunk with usss."

"I will." Zach folded his arms, "stop being rude about it."

"So on the fifth we'll go out to few bars and get pissed?" Jonah confirmed it with the group, receiving nods as they all sat themselves down.

This sounds fun." Corbyn said, "anyway I want coffee, does anyone else want-"

"I'll go." Jack told him.

"..Jack it's your birthday don't stress about that."

"Then I'll go." Daniel shrugged, handing Jonah the balloon he had in his hand as he grabbed his phone.

"I could just go..? I always go." Corbyn told them.

"And we want to go for you this time," Daniel replied, "let us be the coffee runners for once."

"Who is the new artist in that studio by the way?" Zach asked, "I heard new music coming from it than what I usual hear... does anyone know?"

"It's probably someone Randy pulled off the streets for fun," Corbyn shrugged, "he got bored of us."

"I don't think we know them." Jack said, "they're new."

"What's their name?" Corbyn asked.

"No idea." Jack shook his head.

"We should go introduce ourselves." Zach suggested.

"Now?"

"...On my birthday?" Jack raised his eyebrows and placed his hand on his chest, "Zach how dare you try take the attention of me and onto some random singer down the hall."

"Okay, wow."

"Never do that again." He shook his head, "I'm so heartbroken over that."

"Jack." Zach rolled his eyes, "you're so dramatic."

"We love it." Jonah smiled, "it makes him unique."

"In a bad way." Corbyn said.

"On my birthday, really? I can't believe-"

"Shut up." Corbyn and Zach both looked up at the boy, hearing Jonah let out a laugh as Daniel shook his head and swiftly left the room.

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

chapter to see how the boys are
doing 😍😍