011; they look like hickeys

THIRD PERSON.

"ARE YOU READY FOR OUR PLANS TODAY?" EVIE ASKED, watching Kate rush out of her room and over to her shoes, "we don't need to leave for another hour, chill."

As Kate put on her second shoe, she slowly looked up at Evie with an apologetic look on her face, grabbing her bag from off the counter as Evie paused.

Evie slowly nodded, gesturing towards the door as her hands were placed on her hips, "have a good day."

"Evie." She frowned, "I'll make it up to you."

"Don't worry about it," she said, shaking her head and turning back to the couch.

"A last minute meeting came up." Kate told her, "but after it's done we can go out still it's no big deal."

"I'm not bothered," Evie said, sitting back down on the couch as she grabbed her phone, hearing Kate sigh and open the door.

"I forgot we had plans, if I knew we had them I would've changed my schedule." Kate shook her head and Evie looked over at her.

"You just said it was last minute."

"Yeah they called for it like two days ago." Kate shrugged as Evie stared at her confused, glancing behind her shoulder once a boy came into view.

"Hi Evie," Isaac spoke up, giving a small wave to the girl as Kate completely paused.

"Important meeting you got there," she raised her eyebrows, "have fun."

"Evie it's-"

"Have fun." Evie repeated herself.

"I'll be back in two hours." Kate said, "we can do our plans then."

"You're making it worse Kate." Evie told her as she stared down at her phone, "It would make me feel less like a second option if you just cancelled our plans."

"I don't see the big problem," she replied with a shrug, "I said I'd be back in two hours why are you getting upset over that? I've given a solution."

"I feel like a second choice now."

"You're not a second-"

"I said I feel like that." Evie looked at her as Kate frowned.

"Whatever," Kate shook her head and rolled her eyes, walking out of the apartment while she closed the door behind her, glancing to Isaac who seemed overly confused.

"I'm a bit lost." Isaac said, following the girl down the hall as Kate shrugged.

"She's upset because I forgot we had plans," Kate said, walking into the elevator as she turned to face the guy, noticing his confused stare and his glance to her neck, "what?"

"Where did they come from?" Isaac asked, grazing over the few marks on her neck as Kate looked at him and shrugged.

"Burns from my curling iron." Kate replied.

"They look like hickeys." He said through a small laugh, "are you sure they're burns?"

"Yeah, my hair is curly so it only makes sense." She shrugged, moving away from him, "stop touching them they hurt."

"Pretty bad burns," Isaac frowned, "did you use anything to treat them? Like something cold?"

"No," Kate shook her head, "it's fine it isn't a big deal."

"...why are the burns going so far down your neck?" He asked, following her out of the elevator and towards his car, "can I see them?"

"No." Kate said, standing by the passenger door of his car as he stood in front of her, "they stop just where my hair stops."

"Okay," Isaac gave her a single nod, a not overly convinced look on his face as he unlocked his car, the pair getting inside of it.

As Isaac put on his seatbelt and he glanced to the girl sat beside him, his eyes glanced down to her thighs before leaning closer to her, "Katelyn."

"It's Kate." She looked at him.

"You burnt your thigh?" He raised his eyebrows, looking up at her as she nodded, "with a curling iron?"

"I dropped it." Kate looked at him, "that's why the burn is uh, pretty big and bad."

"There's more than one burn on your leg," he mumbled, "where's that necklace you always wear?"

"Huh?"

"The bee one," he said, "...the one your mom got you or something."

"I think i've lost it." Kate shrugged.

"Oh." He paused, "okay... sure."

"Mhm," she looked up at him with a small smile, "it's probably somewhere in my bedroom."

"Probably right beside your curling iron." Isaac smiled, placing a kiss on her cheek before he sat back at the wheel, "you never told me why you declined my call the other night."

"I was curling my hair, I think I pressed decline by accident," she said through a small laugh, "and you didn't call back."

"I did call back," Isaac raised his eyebrows, "a few times actually."

"Oh." She paused, "...my bad then."

"Too busy for me?"

"Mhm," she nodded and smiled, "i'll pick up next time."

"Okay," he gave her a nod, glancing down to her neck again as a frown slightly grew before he let out a sigh, turning on his car, "do you want to go on a date this Friday? I have something important to ask."

"Sure," she replied, "i'd love that."

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

katelyn u little liar