020; i can't cook very well

THIRD PERSON.

"SO.. WHAT ARE YOU COOKING FOR ME?" CORBYN asked Kate, leant against the counter next to where she was prepping the first part of the meal as she looked up at him with a small smile.

"I'm not the best cook." She held her hands up in defence, "I can't cook very well."

"Don't give me burnt food."

"No promises with that." Kate shook her head, continuing with cutting up the vegetables, "go sit down."

"No I want to sit and watch-"

"Corbyn." She interrupted him.

"Yes ma'am." He nodded once, walking over to his living room to allow the girl to have some peace while prepping their meal.

For the next hour and a half, Corbyn kept himself sat on his couch with Netflix or his phone keeping him occupied, many temptations to go see what was currently being cooked by the smells throughout the house and the girl hyping herself up.

And eventually, he watched her walk back and forth from the kitchen to the table, a different item in her hand each time she passed before two plates were in her hands and placed down ready for their meal.

With a smile on her face, she stood herself in the entryway to his living room and her hands behind her back, an intense wave of excitement as Corbyn looked up from his phone.

"Dinner is on the table," Kate spoke up, waiting for him to stand up and walk over to her whilst she backed up to the table, "let me take you through what I prepared."

"You lit candles?" Corbyn raised his eyebrows, glancing to the candle-lit table with a bunch of roses in the centre of it as the girl beside him proudly nodded.

"So we have our array of vegetables, mash potato because I know you like that and steak." She said, gesturing to their two plates as they sat opposite one another.

"It doesn't look like you burnt it." He replied.

"Could also mean it's undercooked." She nervously laughed as the boy glanced up at her, giving her a nod followed by a smile before he moved his gaze to the flowers.

"Where are those from?" He asked, nodding to the bunch of roses as Kate shrugged.

"The store."

"I knew I didn't buy them."

"I bought them.. for you." Kate said as Corbyn slowly nodded before he sighed and titled his head, "what?"

"I'm just trying to think of how I'd tell the guys I bought a bunch of roses," Corbyn replied, "because they don't know about this... unless I say.. I don't know."

"Oh." The girl paused while her eyes widened slightly, "Uh, I can take them back if it'll be an issue for-"

"No I like them." Corbyn shook his head, "I'll just say they got delivered randomly."

"I can write a note so it looks believable." She smiled, "i'll make it romantic."

"This is romantic enough." He rolled his eyes playfully as she gave him a shrug, "thank you."

"You're welcome," Kate replied, picking up her fork as she let out a content sigh, "you have to let me know what you think of my cooking skills, I've never cooked for someone before."

"Ever?" He furrowed his eyebrows, cutting up his steak while she shook her head, "that surprises me."

"It's always going out to restaurants for dates," Kate explained, "but sometimes it'd be nice to stay in and cook together for a date, no one ever takes that into consideration."

"We can," Corbyn shrugged, taking a bite of his steak as she gave him a small nod, "we kind of have to with this little thing going on."

"Evie knows by the way," Kate admitted, watching him swallow his current mouthful of food as he stared at her confused, "she saw us kiss by your car the other day.. and I live with her so you're now free to come over whenever."

"Oh, okay that makes sense." Corbyn said through a laugh as Kate nodded in agreement, "so you're on good terms?"

"Yeah." She nodded, "why wouldn't we be?"

"I thought you guys weren't talking."

"We are." She said, "...what do you think of the food?"

"It's actually very good," he told her, watching a smile appear on her face as she took a sip of her drink, "please cook more often."

"You have to cook for me next." Kate shook her head, "I might try bake something but in the past it has failed so..."

"Stick with cooking." Corbyn said.

As the 'couple' ate their meal and engaged in a conversation throughout it, they sat opposite each other afterwards with full stomachs, leaning on their back of their seats with their hands in their laps.

With the candle still melting and the roses still sat in the middle of the table, a small smile was stuck on Kate's face whilst she watched Corbyn admire to effort she had put into their evening, a small shade of pink on her cheeks while doing so.

"Are you staying the night?" Corbyn looked at her while stretching slightly.

"Do you want me to?"

"That is why I asked." He laughed, picking up both of their plates and taking them to the kitchen sink.

"I'll stay," she replied, blowing out the candle and moving the vase of flowers to his kitchen counters, "I'll need to borrow some clothes though."

"That's no problem," he turned to face her while shaking his head, wrapping his arms around the girl as a kiss was placed on her forehead.

"Okay," she mumbled, her smile only growing wider whilst clearing up the rest of the mess she had made in the process of cooking.

Yet, underneath her smile and the romantic effort she had put into for their date night, seeing how happy it had made the boy beside her, she watched him clean up the mess made in a way of exchanging his thanks.

Part of her wondered how their situationship had formed so quickly and how neither of them had much to communicate with one another before jumping into it. But despite all of her worries, the frown on her face caused by the boy would always lead to the root of name.

And how for a whole year she had protected the one word he'd call her, the demand for others to only ever refer to her as Kate, waiting for the day he finally remembers who Katelyn was.

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

miss romantic she's so cute

anyway thoughts??