003; let's skip this one

THIRD PERSON.

IT WAS SOON THE FIFTH OF JULY, AND THE GROUP of girls had headed out to their favourite club to celebrate Hazel's birthday.

Kate had, for once, kept her promise of attending plans made, and was more than excited to spend the night celebrating her friend's day by. Already offering to buy the first few rounds of drinks and, after drinking before even arriving at the club, was already stumbling around the floor.

"I thought she worked on her drinking." Hazel said.

"She did." Evie nodded, the three looking to the girl dancing alone a few feet away from them, "she's just celebrating you, take it as a compliment."

"Do you want me to sober up? I can drive everyone home." Sophia suggested.

"We'll get an uber," Evie shook her head and smiled, "you should have drinks too, I don't want you to feel left out."

"Guys," Kate said with a slur of her words, falling onto the couch beside Evie with a smile on her face, "I just got a free drink from that guy over there, how nice."

"Mhm, he looks creepy." Evie nodded, taking the drink from her hand, "we won't drink that."

"But it's my favourite."

"I can buy you a better one," Hazel smiled as Kate shrugged and nodded.

"Hazel I got you the best birthday present." Kate said as Hazel raised her eyebrows, "but I can't show it yet."

"Keep it a secret until we all have a hangover tomorrow," Hazel nodded, "good on ya."

"I'm going to go back to dancing." Kate said, giving them all a smile before she stood back up and stumbled over to where she previously was.

"It's times like this where I remind myself she does have time for us and we're being anxious over nothing." Sophia said, "she makes it for the important celebrations, I think she tries her best to make it to everything."

"Or we just picked her favourite club." Hazel frowned, "but i'm glad she here, so it's whatever."

"I'm going to go buy the next round of drinks, are we all having the same?" Evie asked, receiving a nod from the two of them, "cool."

As Evie glanced to Kate to observe how drunk she seemed to be, she gave in on buying her another drink for the night just before ending it, making her way over to the bar.

And as she approached the bar, standing beside a guy also trying to get the bartender's attention, she glanced to him before doing a double take, a small smile on her face once realising it was someone she knew, "hey Jack."

"Hey," Jack smiled as he looked at the girl, "how's it going?"

"Great, really good." Evie nodded, "birthday celebrations I assume?"

"Yeah." Jack said, "what about you?"

"Hazel's birthday." She shrugged, "who are you here with?"

"Just the guys," he replied, "are you here with Sydnie as well?"

"No, just Hazel, Sophia and Kate." Evie said, "she was busy tonight but I did invite her."

"...Kate?" Jack mumbled as Evie slowly nodded before her eyes widened.

"Shit." She paused, "but she's way too drunk to even-"

"Corbyn's sober right now." Jack shook his head, "we can leave if you- do you want us to go?"

"No she's drunk, I'll just take her home." Evie said, "avoid the exit, god help us if they see each other."

"I don't want you to end Hazel's birthday celebrations," Jack placed his hand on her shoulder, "we're going to a few bars so we'll just skip this one, enjoy your night."

"I appreciate you more than life itself." She said while giving him a smile, "I owe you."

"I also know how hard it is to get Kate to leave a club this early," he laughed, "have a nice night."

"She's the worst." Evie said through a laugh, "thank you though, have a good night."

As Jack left the bar and wondered over to his friends, he managed to spot Kate in the crowd of people turning back to the guys.

"Are you okay?" Jonah asked.

"I just.. I'm not feeling this club." Jack shrugged, "I feel weird about it."

"Maybe because you're not drunk yet." Daniel said, "we need to get you on a few drinks first."

"No, no can we just skip this one?" Jack asked them as Jonah looked at him confused before he glanced around the floor himself.

"Not really feeling it either." Corbyn said, "I'm cool to skip this one."

"Oh." Jonah raised his eyebrows once he spotted the girl Jack was so 'eerie' about, "yeah, let's skip this one."

"...is someone here that we don't want to see?" Corbyn asked, "you both have looked around and then decided to leave."

"No, no." Jack shook his head, "let's go."

"Okay." Corbyn mumbled, "are you sure? I swear I saw someone that looked like-"

"No, no one here that we know." Jack shrugged, "let's just go."

"Okay." Daniel nodded.

"One less bar for me to get thrown out of for being underage." Zach smiled, following the group out of the bar.

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

hehehehe just u wait