↦ 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐥

# LATE BIRTHDAY GIFT
   warning: gender neutral. imagine and a few headcanons. mutual pinning. fluff. i was gonna make this afab reader but i changed my mind. using "doll" as a pet name. mentions of the reader being a flirt. kinda friends to lovers.
   a/n: dang why isn't there much dolores' fics 🤨

- dolores ruined her past "secret" admires due to her gift, but she can't exactly figure you out !

There was nothing that couldn't be picked up by dolores' gift. it could be a good and bad thing. her past mutual crushes ruined due to her hearing. they would freak out and back away, all little dolores wanted was to hang out.

But you.. you were very much hard for her to figure out. you flirt with her multiple times, trying again and again whenever she says they were bad, jokingly ignoring you. even you knew she could hear them. but your heart didn't seem to go 'boom-boom' as it did when you're around everyone else.

It was calm and slow when you're around her. she simply thought you didn't like her but after a while, you gave up on flirting with her and just plain out gave her compliments.

As if trying to admit your love for her.

Telling her what a beautiful smile she has, how you love the way she carries herself.

Or it could just be a friend complimenting a friend, dolores thought to herself.

Dolores furrows her brows, picking at the hem of her beautiful shirt. she was going to sleep, but she couldn't help herself from thinking about the conversation she heard that morning.

"Dolores seems to be very forgetful lately,"

Isabela gasps, head shooting up, "Do you think it's love?"

"Love always makes ones hormones change."

That couldn't be it. dolores shakes her head, she doesn't love you. you're just playing around. you always do that to other women... she doesn't like two-timers.

Well.. she wouldn't use that word for you.

Dolores sighs in frustration, falling back on her bed. she doesn't know how to feel!

She lets her head hit her pillow. her fingers run across the necklace you'd given her for her birthday, she never took it off. why would she? her best friend gave her a pretty gift.

She remembers the exact day you had given it to her. it was a day earlier too.

-

"Rere?" you mumble, head resting in your palm as you lean on the table. "Nah.. res...?"

Dolores makes a disgusted face, you chuckle lightly. you were thinking of a nickname to call dolores, since everyone usually has one, why not give one to her?

Dolores shakes her head at every name you come up with. lolo? lor? no. she didn't like those. the madrigal sips on her agua fresca, watching you brainstorm. it was pretty interesting that you rented out a resturant just for the sake of peace.

"What kind of nickname would you like?"

Everyone in town tends to crowd a madrigal when they're out, and with dolores gift, it's hard for her to find peace.

You said it was nothing much but you always say that. dolores frowns, what exactly are you thinking?

"... In the books i read, it's always a petname?" dolores shrugs, supressing a smile. "since 'dolores' isn't exactly a good material for finding nicknames..."