𝐛.𝐦

a/n: i had this idea and i couldn't forget it so here's this. wrote it in a few minutes.

"My...name?" the man hesitated, his eyes moving around the place. his palm sweating as he grips the bucket handle tighter. "It's bruno.."

You hum in a ecstacy. you've noticed him around but since you have recently moved into the village, you didn't know much people, plus no one really seemed to talk to him. "What a beautiful name, bruno"

Bruno doesn't think so. his name was used in a scornful manner. people still seem wary of him. a small mention of his name, people seem doubtful of him, even now, as he's rebuilding the house.

"Really?" you nod, over the moon when he makes eye contact you with. he's staring at you with the cutest eyes. "I think it's pretty plain."

Bruno is quick to avert his eyes again, it makes you want to looked one more time. you lean down, eyes trained on his face, wanting to properly take a look at him. plus, it feels nice to fluster a guy.

"Well, bruno. it's fitting for a pretty man like yourself."

"Pr-pretty? me?" bruno doubts that. he searches for the a name at the top of his head as he responds. "A name like.. 'roberto' is fitting for a beautiful man."

"Hm, likeee... him?" you point over to a stall behind him, causing bruno to turn to see what caught your attention. he see a man in a green poncho, curls all over the place, staring right back at him. "I think he's very attractive."

It takes a few seconds to realize what's happening. he came face-to-face with himself, it wasn't camilo, it was a mirror!

Bruno's face blooms into a red color. whipping his head back to you with wide eyes.

"Um.. are you flirting with me?" bruno hesitates to ask. he had no clue if you were and it would be very embarrassing if you weren't actually flirting. but base off what he's read in books, this is usually how someone flirts.. right?

"Is it making you uncomfortable?"

"Huh?! no, no.." bruno chuckles, a bashful smile growing on his lips. it's cute and awkward, very fitting for someone like him. you couldn't see him flirting back but you didn't mind. "I think you're really attractive as well.."

He swings the bucket back and forth. like a child waiting for their parent to return. he notices the awkward silence that passed by, internally panicking.

"Like my rats.. not that i'm trying to compare you to them! I just like their company, and stuff, but you! you are very beautiful and I like the way you sound, unlike my rats- not that they have human faces- and.. err.. did I go to far...?" his tone gets quieter and smaller as he finishes talking, shoulders quivering in humiliation. he lowers his head, staring at the back of his palm.

"Thank you, bruno." said man looks up in confusion, his face burning from his rambling. "I've never been called very beautiful before."

Bruno groans. he wants to bury himself out of embarrassment. "I'm sorry, I got distracted and just said what came to mind.."

"Don't worry, it's adorable." you laugh at him. taking the empty bucket from his hands. "Anyway do you wa-"

"Bruno!" a girl comes running, waving her arms around. maribel. you've talked to her before, while helping around at the casita. "Did you get the water... oh"

She comes to a stop, seeing you beside the him, filling the rest of the buckets he carried. "I see.. you got distracted by (name) again."

Bruno inhales sharply, heart beat spiking up. he feels you glance at him with a raised brow. "Bruno is always looking at yo-"

"Maribel! let's go, I think we're finished here!" maribel giggles as his flustered expression. bruno takes off, nearly dropping the water. maribel innocently picks up the other bucket and walks closer to you.

"I'm gonna write a song about your love story now."