𝐛.𝐦

request: I'm in my feelings a little...can we have more regressor!Bruno HCs with reader?(GN,daddy,or mommy style,I just want Bruno to get to express his small side and b appreciated)
   a/n: i had that in my drafts 😫😭 but of course, i'll give a little one-shot instead until i finish the previous request i got for little bruno ☺️

   warning: sfw. gender neutral. regressor bruno. little space.

- coloring with little brunito !

- ♡ -

"bruno? where are you?" you called out, casita helps you out by pointing to maribel's old room, in other words the nursery. bruno only goes in there when he wants to escape. he says he likes the colors and yarn balls maribel leaves laying around.

you open the door, smiling widely when you see bruno sitting on the floor, criss crossed with his rats, who ate food from his palm. bruno giggles, it tickles!

"hello, brunito!" you crouched down beside him. bruno looks up at you, he reaches out to take a fistful of your shirt as he hugs you. he eagerly bounces in his place when you return the hug, pinching his cheeks softly. "can you tell me how old you are?"

bruno shakes his head, curls bouncing around the place. he places his index finger to his lips and shushes you, as if he told you a secret.

"you don't wanna say?" he firmly nods, rising up from his spot on the floor. "not even me? i won't tell anyone! promise."

a smile crawls on bruno's face, he seems to want to give in, but nope! he holds back.

"ahh, so that means you don't wanna color with me then..." you sigh, picking up the coloring books and crayons before marching off to leave the room. bruno perks up. he watches your form with attentive eyes, lips bunching up to the side.

no! he won't fall for that!

"i was hoping i could spend time with brunito, but oh well!"

bruno hops up. you visited him to hang out, it would be mean to send you home.

"mmn! mnn!" he tries to call your name but all that come out are random mumbles. it still catches your attention, though you don't turn around.

bruno cries your name the best he can, rocking on the heel of his foot. "wan' coler!"

his speech is slurred and he doesn't seem to talk all too well. maybe below age five... what made him go so far in?

he waits in his spot for you, too scared to take a step forward of rejection. what if you don't want him around anymore?

you quickly walk closer to him, casita is quick to create a table and chairs for the two of you. bruno sighs in relief. "i wanna do the quiz ones!"

bruno silently cheers, giggles escaping him instead. you ruffle his hair as you take a seat, scooting closer to the little. you flip through the book until bruno finds one he likes, quickly pointing it out.

its been a few minutes since you're started, and bruno surprisingly finished his first drawing. he eagerly waits for your praise, "so pretty!" "i'm keeping this now.", he loves to hear it.

which little wouldn't?!

"do you mind if i ask why you regressed today?" bruno stops coloring for a bit, then he turns to face you.

"peppy! mad!" bruno makes thunder noises before he quiets down in shame. he fiddles with the crayon in his hand, not looking up at you, "'toni cup died..."

it all suddenly clicked, pepa was sighing through her nose as you passed by her. antonio by her side. bruno probably broke a cup antonio made for mothers day! bruno bites his lower lip.

"did'n mean to!" he mumbles. you sense that he's about to burst into tears and quickly pull him in your lap, rubbing his back. bruno plays with your necklace as a distraction, its ths one he made for you.

"i know‐ "

the door swings open, and behind it is pepa, who has her hand up, ready to knock on the door. pepa smiles nervously, she lets her hand fall. she takes a deep breath, noticing how deep he's been affected by the incident. "brunito.. i'm sorry i yelled at you.."

"i'm just really glad you didn't get hurt, plus a cup can be made again.." bruno sniffs, pepa turns her head. she couldn't bear seeing him so sad. "antonio promised a new and 'better looking' one too."

bruno nods, removing himself from your lap. "m'sorry too, n' s'okay.."

you smile when pepa takes a few steps in the room, looking at the drawing you two colored. casita makes an extra chair. "how about we all color together?"

you placed the crayon box in the middle as pepa takes a seat beside bruno, he hands her a coloring book. "m' doing a bunny!"

"by the way, how old are you brunito?" you shake your head at pepa, nearly warning her that he won't talk but he suddenly hold up four fingers. you gape at him, bruno gives you a sly grin in return.

"m'four.. i tink.."

- ♡ -