𝐛.𝐦

# OPPOSITES ATTRACT
   — bruno has a partner who is the complete opposite of him !
   warning: gender neutral. angst to fluff. bruno gets insecure. another short fic.

   requested by: potato_chip_flake
   a/n: i tried to give this request justice but i just couldn't get it right 😔

- -

bruno and (name)... two completely different people.

you're always surrounded by people, everyone liked you. you were like a brilliant flower. a star that never dies!

and bruno, well he's bruno. he wasn't anything special. at least that's what he thought... and half of the town.

he's awkward, clumsy and pretty much not.. you. and he admired you because of your confidence, he adores you because of how different you are from him.

on the other hand, it scared him. what if you get tired of him? he's a baggage, there's much better people out there! people who can cook, or don't have messy hair all the time. he doesn't even try to comb his curls!

bruno stares at the mirror in front of him, brushing his teeth. he spots the gray hairs growing on his hair, dark eyebags, all his imperfections.

maybe you'll find someone who's better looking too.

bruno sighs, ignoring the harsh yank of pain that's tugging at his heart. his own insecurities are gonna get him in deep trouble. he finishes up in the bathroom.

his hand reaches for the door knob, he takes a deep breath. you always know when something is wrong with him. he didn't want to worry you, nor wake you. well, you're probably awake.

"goodmorning vida mia!" and you're up alright, a big smile on your face when you see him.

bruno gives you a soft smile, "hello," comes his quiet response, he fumbles with the ends of his poncho, in order to avoid your stare. he hears you rambling about something but his mind is preoccupied with what happen last night.

those people who surrounded you.. they seemed so much more appealing, you even looked like you were having fun. does he drag you down..? he knows other people can make you have a good time, but something about that thought made his heart hurt really badly.

"-uno? bruno?" bruno snaps out of it. he turns to you, smiling softly. "is everything alright?"

"yeah.. still sleepy." bruno turns his back to you as he makes his way outside of his tower, placing his hood over his head. he hears you chase after him. until, pepa stopped you.

"(name)! mind helping me out?" you stop, looking back at bruno, who turned the corner.

it's been hours since you've last seen bruno. he hasn't comed out of his tower. and to be honest, you were also scared. did you do something wrong?

did he find out that you accidentally stepped on his rats tail...

half of the day, pepa kept you busy, the sun was out and she seemed to be in a good mood today. everyone did. except bruno. it worried you. nobody seems to notice the fact that he wasn't around. he hasn't even appeared to eat lunch!

hours turned into days, and you couldn't get him out of his room. everytime you came around to visit, bruno never showed up. if he was around, you'd ask maribel, but she shrugs, a worried look in her eyes. "i don't know what's wrong with him.. he won't speak to anyone either..."

"dolores said she hears sniffing... and he hasn't eaten well for the past two days either!" maribel adds, pushing her glasses up. she's obviously very anxious.

so, with a harden stare, you marched up his stairs. you hesitantly knocked of the door twice, getting no response in return, "...bruno? are you in there.."

it was silent for the few minutes you stood outside, palm inching closer to the knob. it didn't feel right for you to barge in his room. you knew he'd get anxious at times, especially after he gets out of the house. he'd likes to have his 'alone time'.

so, you wait. you've waited longer before, and no matter how strong your urge to rip open the door was, you held back. letting go of the knob, you kneel down on the floor, back resting against the wall. you hear shuffling then everything goes quiet. you hold your breath.

"w-what is it?" he speaks, voice cracking. you could imagine how embarrassed he was because of it.

you jolt, throat closing in as if you wanted to cry from happiness just from hearing his voice. "the food is ready.. you need to eat something, mi amor!"

"oh. i'm not hungry, thanks though."

you cross your arms and let your head fall back on the wall, a soft thud could be heard but it didn't hurt you. "okay then, i'm not eating either."

"no, please eat (name)."

you shake your head, "nope! i'm not eating until you come out."

bruno sighs, reluctantly standing up and swings the door open. you smile widely, it sends him guilt. you look so relieved, staring up at him from your position on the floor.

"hello, pretty!" bruno restrained a frown. instead, he places the hood over his head again. "let's go eat now!"

"(name)..." bruno's hand shoots out to grab onto yours. he quickly lets it go after realizes how rude it was.

"maybe we should break up." those words stopped you dead in your tracks. you inhale sharply, mouth going dry.

huh?

bruno crumbles under your silence, pressing his lips in a thin line. his eyes looking for something to land on so he settles for his hands. they started to sweat and shake. "i've been thinking about it for a while too-"

"why, why all of a sudden..?" you cut him off. you knew something was up, you just didn't think it was big enough for him to break up. "every couple has their ups and downs bruno, we can work it out!"

he wants to hit himself. what are you saying bruno!? "no we won't! you'll find someone better and who makes you happy-"

"that's the actual reason?" those were the words that finally manage to leave your lips. you were surprised by how firm they were, despite being on the verge of tears. "bruno! you make me happy!"

bruno shakes his head repeatedly, lowering his head so you wouldn't see his face. his voice quivering. "no! you- you don't get it!"

you step closer to him, raising your hands to hold his face but he flinches away from you. "y-you don't have to force yourself to be with me anymore, i only drag you down!"

"force? bruno, i'm not forcing myself." despite him moving back, you place your hands on his cheeks. a small sob falling from his lips. it breaks you upon hearing it. "and you're not dragging me down."

"why would you ever think that?" you frown, eye watering up. bruno leans into your touch as you lift his head up. "i love you bruno. no one could and will never replace you!"

"it's just that- i'm a baggage to my family and you," you shake your head violently, pressing your lips to his cheek, kissing away the trail of tears that stained his pretty face.

"no, you aren't. i don't want you to think like that ever again, okay?"

bruno gives a shaky nod, thoughts all over the place. it feels nice to get comforted. though he did not mean to scare you like that, nor make you cry. "now, lets go eat and then we can cuddle!"

bruno chuckles, mumbling an 'okay'. "i made a novela, do you wanna watch it.."

"yes!"

- -