Chapter Seventeen

Isabella flinched as the morning sun rays beamed into her room. She was still sleepy and a little sore so she snuggled deeper into her bed only to meet the cold emptiness behind her. Her head jerked up and she turned but Liam wasn't there. Had she imagined last night? She frowned and looked around the room. She noticed the gray shirt on the chair in front of her bed and sighed. A dreamy smile touched her lips as she remembered the wicked night she had with Liam. To her, he had the stamina of a horse! They didn't catch much sleep as he taught her all the sinful pleasures through out the night! He made love to her several times then took his time in exploring her body. He brought her pleasure using his fingers then his mouth and tongue.

Isabella had been right. She knew Liam could never disappoint and he didn't. He only made her want to possess his very soul. Isabella swung her legs off the bed and made her way to the adjoining bathroom when she noticed the man standing outside her room on the balcony looking down at the waking city. His hair tousled in the wind and his profile showed that he was deep in thought. His bronzed back was mouthwatering and his trousers hung low on his hips giving her a familiar ache deep inside her core.

She pulled on his shirt and buttoned it up then approached him and stood beside him with her hair flying in all directions. She doubted she appeared as appealing as he did in the morning.

“Good morning.” She smiled up at him.

Liam removed his arms on the balcony wall and pushed them deep in his pockets. He didn't look at her and gazed at the numerous skyscrapers in front of him. Sun beams fought their way around the concrete and steel giants and several rays touched Liam's body, making him look like an angel! “Good morning.”

Isabella narrowed her eyes and bit her lip. Something was wrong—again. “I thought you left but it would have been funny if you did your walk of shame without a shirt.”

Liam looked at her for a moment then looked down at his bare feet and laughed softly. “You are not a one-night-stand.”

“That's good to know.” She sighed in relief and they went through a moment of awkward silence.

“I enjoyed myself last night, Liam.”

“I don't care if you are not a virgin, Belle.”

Both Liam and Isabella stated together and Isabella's eyes widened at his comment. The look in his eyes told her that it actually bothered him a lot and a small sad smile appeared on his face. It almost ripped her heart out. Did it matter to him that much?

“Liam--”

“You don't have to explain anything.” He pushed his hands through his hair and leaned on the glass balustrade again. “I have no right to demand such a thing from you. I know you've had relationships in the past. You are not a child anymore so this should not surprise me.”

“But it does.” Isabella finished and when Liam didn't answer she turned around and leaned her back on the glass. “Liam, I want to explain what happened.”

Liam touched Isabella's cheek and shook his head. “I don't want to know about it.” then turned back to the city.

Isabella pursed her lips as they went through the awkward silence again.

“How old were you when it happened?” Liam suddenly asked.

Isabella didn't hesitate to answer. “Sixteen.”

She saw the way Liam's jaws clenched and twitched and how his fingers curled into fists until his knuckles went white.

“What was his name?”

“Max.” Isabella looked down at her fingers.

Liam pushed off the balustrade and turned to her, his eyes stormy and violent. “Did he—did he force you?”