Chapter Twenty-Two

Isabella entered Liam's penthouse and sighed. She had missed the place especially since it held everything that described Liam. She walked through the foyer and looked around. Nothing had changed. It still held the same feeling to it. Liam was behind her. He placed the keys to his car on the key hook and sauntered inside just as Isabella turned to him. He stopped in front of her and shed his jacket and tossed it over one of the lush chairs then undid his tie, put it around Isabella's neck and pulled her close to him.

The look in his eyes made her shudder with want. She wanted this man with every fiber of her being! His smoldering eyes danced with raw emotions as he drew down and kissed her softly on her lips.

“I love having you over at my place.” He murmured to her, kissing the line of her jaw.

Isabella's eyes fluttered close. “I love being here. It's been a while.”

“Are you hungry?” He asked her lightly as his fingers brushed up and down her arms.

Isabella thought of the long lunch she had with Christy that afternoon. She was still digesting it. She was hungry for something else instead. She moaned softly as his lips trailed down to her neck. “No.”

“Good.” He came up and touched her lightly, watching her as if he still couldn't believe that she was there!

As he came down to her lips, Isabella placed her index finger against them. “We need to talk.”

“Only after I have had my fill of you.” Liam pulled Isabella's index finger into his mouth and sucked it slowly.

The sensation sky-rocketed itself all the way to Isabella's toes and she felt them curl. “Liam, I'm still very much angry with you.”

Liam shrugged boyishly. “I'm angry with me too. After everything I did to you, everything I put you through, still you are standing in front of me, loving me and being with me. It's beyond words, Isabella.” His voice caressed her like warm honey dripping against her skin. How could she resist him? How could she not give him what he wanted?

“Come with me.” he said softly, running his fingers down her hand until they tangled themselves against hers then he took her towards his room.

Isabella realized that she had never been into Liam's bedroom. This was the first time she was spending the night at his place with him. She entered the cool gray and dark wood room. It was so Liam! From the dark marbled floor to the alternating silk painted walls and wood to the solid and modern furniture. Everything was in its place. Liam was very neat when it came to his stuff. The bed was made in silver, black and white; in silk and linen. It was like taking a glimpse of Liam's soul!

Isabella caressed the silky tie around her neck and watched as Liam dimmed the lights, making the room very romantic and intimate. He approached her and stood towering over her, his eyes shining with wicked promises. Isabella's breath came out in short hot puffs. She wanted to step back and try to gain back some sense but she couldn't—not when Liam was concerned.

“Are we ever going to talk?” She breathed as his warm hand cupped her cheek and teased her earlobe.

“Yes...after...” The words were thick with emotions.

Just as Liam drew down to kiss her, Isabella's cell phone trilled loudly between them. She jerked up and frowned. “Sorry.” she answered it.

“Hey, Isabella.” Stefan's voice came through. “Where are you?”

“Hi.” Isabella eyed the frowning Liam and was about to walk out and talk to Stefan when Liam held her hand and slowly shook his head. He didn't want her to leave. He wanted to hear what she had to say. “Uhm—I'm with Liam at his place.”