Chapter Thirteen

Please note that this chapter has a bit of sexual content. It might offend some of you so read at your own risk...

Plus I want to thank everyone for the GREAT support in reading and voting for the Billionaire Playboy's Ward. You guys are Awesome and I love you lots!! xoxo

Audrey Wilkins (Cheryl Cole)~~~~~~~~~>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Isabella Stanford, Heiress to the Stanford industries is taking her father's position as partner to Liam Vergil and Stefan Marshal, the Vergil-Marshal Empire moguls....”--click--“After the long silence, the Heiress to the Stanford Industries has decided to continue her partnership with the Vergil Industries....”--click-- “Can Isabella Stanford follow in her father's footsteps and be the pillar of the Stanford Business Empire--”

Liam turned off the large screen TV at the lounge area in his office and settled back on the leather couch. The breaking news in all the channels, that faithful Monday morning, was about Isabella. She hadn't made any official statement that she was going to take over the Stanford Industries yet somehow the information was already leaked out. This was what he was afraid of when he decided to let her step out into the limelight. She was never going to have a private life after this.

The meeting with her and her representatives was in a few minutes...nine minutes to be exact—he checked his watch—and the entire office was buzzing with excitement. Everyone wanted to meet the elusive Isabella. Maybe it was because most of the employees knew her father and wanted to do a comparison.

Liam couldn't wait to have her start working in the office. That way, even though she lived on the other side of the city, he got several hours of the day to spend with her. He was leaving for Italy on Friday and he had an extra ticket...would she accept if he asked her to join him in Italy? A wicked smile appeared on his face as he got up and approached the door.

Before he managed to open it, the door flew open and missed him by an inch.

“It's time.” Stefan entered as he straightened his tie and ran a hand through his hair.

Liam was not in the least bit amused. He hated people budging into his office like some public toilet. “You should learn to knock.”

Stefan's eyebrow arched up. “Since when do you care so much if people knock on your door—” Stefan stopped and grinned shamelessly. “Michelle Griffin.”

“Please don't mention her name in my presence, she just might show up.” Liam made his way out and let Stefan follow him. One thing he loved about Stefan was that he was a forgiving person. He valued friendship. Indeed he was a true friend, just as Isabella had said that weekend. Even though the argued and bickered like brothers sometimes, it never tainted their friendship and they always found a way to resolve their problems.

“She took a day off today.” Stefan assured him. “Something about taking care of her sick grandfather.”

Liam frowned at his friend as they walked through towards the conference room. “The Mayor is sick?”

Stefan shrugged his shoulders. “I  really don’t know but what I do know is that Michelle Griffin is not here to make me grieve. Some friend you are, Liam. Not only do you force an incompetent PA on me but you have the balls to assault me using our security guys in front of the woman I like.”

Liam’s legs refused to take another step as he turned coolly towards his partner. Stefan staggered into an inelegant stop, bumping shoulders with Liam. “You don’t get to like Belle, Stef. She is mine.”