Chapter 32

Why wouldn't LJ answer my questions? I didn't understand it. We had been walking for what felt like hours and every now-n-then I would ask again who they were, but he would just glance away to the side and ignore me. I felt so confused it was stressing me out. The names kept replaying in my head over and over. They felt so familiar, it was on the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't for the life of me remember why they felt so familiar. It was so frustrating!

"LJ please"
I stop walking and grab his arm by his elbow, tugging him to stop too. He stops but he doesn't turn to look at me, he continues to face straight on.
"Who are these people? And why do the names feel familiar to me? You clearly know as you've been off every since you saw the list with them on!"
I give his arm a squeeze as I stare at the side of his face as he still refused to look at me. He sighs and lowers his head, he gaze fixed on the floor. He looked so sad, but why?

"Blade if you ask me one more time I will send you back to the-ARG!"
I interrupt him but jamming my claw into his arm, feeling the warmth of his blood trickle down my hand.

"Tell me now!!"
I yell as I push my claw into his skin further and deeper, he growls in discomfort as his eyes glare at me angrily from the side. I could see him clenching his jaw in anger. But he sighs once more, slowing turning to face me so I remove my claw from his arm.

Laughing Jack POV
I really didn't want to tell [Name] who these people were, if she finds out the truth and it brings back her memories, she'll never trust me again. But at the same time, I don't want to lie to her..

"I used to know a person who at first I hated and wanted to kill.. but then I fell for her.. she died not long before me and you found each other. These people on this list.. they were her parents."
At least with the way I worded it, it wasn't a lie, as the person was [Name] and these people are her parents, but this way she's less likely to figure that out. And in a way, the person [Name] was did technically die.. she's Blade now..

"O-Oh.. there uh.. there was someone else.. before me?"
She questioned. The expression on her face.. she looked so sad. Does the idea of me being with someone else before her.. make her.. upset??
I reach out and hold her hand. Wrapping my large claws around her tiny fingers. Her hands were so much smaller than mine it was actually really sweet and adorable.

"That's all in the past now. Just reading her parents name brought back unpleasant memories."

"How did she die?"

"What?"

"The girl you fell for before me.. how-.. how did she die?"
She wanted to know how she died? Do I tell her the truth or do I make up some rubbish.. again I don't want to lie to her! I feel like even if she does get her memories back, if she figures out I've lied to her then she's just going to hate me more!

"I-... I killed her"
I sigh..[Name]'s eyes slam open for a brief second but quickly return back to a sorrowful look. She gives my hand a squeeze as she gazes into my eyes. She was so beautiful.

"I uh.. I don't think we should talk about this anymore.. i won't ask anymore questions I promise! I'm sorry for making you talk about it. Let's just focus on the missions. Come on!"
She smiles sweetly, starting to walk away, pulling me along, continuing to hold my hand.