Chapter 5

Readers POV
The moment Ash was out of my sight, I instantly felt nervous. Parties were never my thing even with friends, but now that I'm practically alone. I feel terrified and super anxious. But, I couldn't let it show.. Being anxious at a party? That's just weird..
Taking a deep breath, I down my cup of punch in one, swallowing all of it as quick as I can. Grabbing another cup and downing that one too. Reaching for a third.

"Woah slow down. Don't want to puke before the fun actually starts."
A raspy voice chuckles behind me.
Turning around to face the source, I couldn't help but jump at what I saw.

"Christ! You scared me.. your makeup is really good.. *cough* .. so realistic"
The guy standing in front of me wore a white ripped hooded stained with red paint. Pitch black hair and a pale white face. His must have used a lot of white face paint as it practically looked like he had no eyelids.
He also had created fake cuts with SFX latex across his mouth to look like his face had been sliced.
It was such a work of art. It honestly did look really real.

"Well thank you."
He smiles, the latex moving up with his smile. He takes a step closer, not breaking eye contact and not blinking.
"Wanna know a secret?"
He asks, showing a toothy grin, tilting his head to the side. His hair falling off of his shoulder to hang down his arm.
Leaning closer so his mouth was beside my ear, I feel his warm breath brush against me before he finally speaks.
"It's not makeup."
He chuckles mischievously before stepping back and smiling at me.
I look at him with confusion at first. But soon screams at what he shows me.
He opens his mouth as wide, wider than humanly possible. Sticking out his tongue and sliding it across his lips. But it doesn't stop when he reaches what I thought was latex. Instead it continues up into the slices, on both sides. Stretching his mouth open to show me just how real those cuts actually were. Proving they weren't fake.
I turn and run away from his as fast as possible. Listening to his evil laughter behind me.
Running down a hallway, I bump into someone and get knocked to the floor. Looking up, I spot it was Ash.
Scrambling to my feet, I grab hold of him and try to tell him what I had just saw. But he seemed dazed and in his own world. Before turning to me and smiling.

"Yo [Name].. who'd a thought Connor would be a switch.."
He sighs happily to himself, walking away giggling. I wondered what he meant at first, until I saw his hair was messy and his handcuffs were missing..
clearly Ash was going to be no help to me, so I continue to run down the hallway as fast as possible, desperately looking for an exit. This house was so big and there was so many people, it was hard to spot a door leading to outside anywhere.
Giving up and going to the only other option, I decide to ask someone near me where an exit was.
Looking around, I spot someone dressed in a green outfit including a hat, blonde hair and elf ears.

"Excuse me! Do you know how to get out of here?"
I ask, tapping their shoulder.
They turn to face me, looking me up and down before grinning.

"Why would ya wanna leave? The fun is just about to start!"
He laughs hysterically, his eyes slamming open as his entire body begins to glitch and distort. Like a broken character from a video game.
I begin to panic, backing away from him but he suddenly zooms closer to me. Nobody else seeming to notice this, I scream and once again run as fast as my legs would carry me. Listening to his distorted laugh fade away.

Finally finding an exit, I burst through the doors and rush to the end of the pavement. Reaching the road. Bending over to place my hands on my knees as I pant. My breathing becoming wheezy, I reach into my pocket to pull out my asthma inhaler.
What the fuck is going on?!
I think to myself as I pump the inhaler twice into my mouth before placing on the cap and shoving it into my pocket.
After finally calming down, I turn around to head home, only to pump into someone once more.

"Oh sorry."
I apologise as I blink a couple times, taking a few steps back.
As I look up at the person I had pumped into. I felt myself practically at loss of breath. Completely frozen on the spot. My entire body shaking with fear at what I saw.
The clown, the clown from my nightmares. The clown I thought was just all in my head. It was real.
"Y-You-You're real...!"
I stutter with horror as I stare at his terrifying face with my eyes wide open.
I watch as his black dull eyes change to a shining bright red as his large smiles bears his fangs. Raising his hand towards my face.

"And you're the one that got away"