Chapter 8

3...2...1
"I um... W-What I wanted to say was.. you know my nightmares I keep having? I said how I can't tell if they're just nightmares or if they're actually memories?"
I speak as best as I can while still shaking. It was so hard not to burst out crying in panic.
Ash watches me carefully before giving me a nod to continue.
"Well I know what they are now.. I had a feeling from the start and it turns out I was right..."
I look at Ash full of fear as a tear dribbles down my cheek. His eyes full of worry.
"They, aren't just dreams! They're real. The clown, I-Is real!"

"[Name] what are saying?"
He takes a step back, his expression changing from worry to confusion. But I quickly grab his hand and squeeze it tight. Sniffling as more tears fall.

"Ash listen to me! T-That clown at the party! The one you complimented for its costume? That wasn't a human in a costume! I-It was the clown! The one from my nightmares! It's real!"
He tuts in disbelief as he shakes his head. Clearly he thinks I'm crazy.

"[Name] look-"

"No Ash you have to believe me! Before you came outside he was getting ready to kill me!"

"Hey- Hey! Listen."
Ash hushes me as he grabs both of my hands, cupping them with his to try and be comforting.
"You're letting all of this get to you and it's not healthy. That clown at the party wasn't going to hurt you. You're just so caught up in the nightmares that you think it looked the same as that costume. He wasn't going to hurt you-"

"ASH PLEASE! You aren't listening to me! I know what I saw! I know what I heard! He told me I was the one that got away!"
I yell as I yank my hands out of Ash's grasp, taking a couple steps away from him in annoyance. Grabbing my head with both hands as I cry more and more, my breathing increasing to a pant.

"[Name] come on! It was just some drunk dude! If he was really going to kill you, why would he stop when I came over? He would've just killed us both! Would he not?"

"I-I-I.. I don't know.. I-"

"You see? It's all just in your head.. I think it's time we get you that therapy session. Don't you?"
He says as he slowly walks over to me, placing his left hand on my left shoulder. Using his right hand to wipe away my tears.
"Now, take a deep breath.. In.... and out... good"
I do as he says and takes a deep breath as instructed. My breathing starting to return to normal but I still couldn't stop my heart from racing. My bestfriend.. my only friend... doesn't believe me..

"Thanks Ash.. I think I um.. I'm gonna head to bed... I should probably sleep this off..."
I sigh and take a step back, giving a small smile on the corner of my mouth.

"Good idea. We'll talk more tomorrow okay? I'll come around for midday-"

"A-Actually. Could you stay, please.. you can take the blow-up mattress in my room? I-I have some spare pillows and blankets.."
He gives a sweet, caring smile before nodding in agreement.

"Sure thing [Name]."