Chapter 24: Between Light and Dark

- Cal's P.O.V. - 

They had found Khosuh's friends in the western prison, otherwise known as Sector Two. They pinged Tresdan and Jesdan, telling them that the goal had been found. Cal and the rest of the group traveled back to the Mantis in the night, arriving back at the ship. As the group of Seven waited for the other three, Cal couldn't help but pace back and forth on the platform in front of the Mantis. An odd feeling had planted itself in the pit of his stomach while waiting for Y/n to return.  

The night grew dark, and the air and ground traffic began to dissipate. Jesdan and his brother were running late. 

"Hey kid, why don't you come in and get some grub," Greez said, having approached silently from the Mantis's interior. 

"I'm not going anywhere until they get back, Greez." He affirmed. BD-1 hopped over to him, holding onto his leg with a sad trill.

Greez chuckled. "Well look over there. You don't have to worry."

Cal spun on a heel, seeing figures approach. Jesdan and Trevan were running at them, Y/n nowhere in sight.

"Where is Y/n?" Cal called out. They stopped in front of him looking breathless, and that's when Cal saw Y/n's lightsaber in their hand.

"We lost her in the Western part of the city. She up and ran off and we couldn't catch her, but we managed to snag this off of her when she ran. We checked the prison there but we couldn't find Khosuh's friends. Did you manage to?"

The young Jedi Knight didn't know what to think. "Yes, we found them. What do you mean she ran off? She wouldn't have."

"Well, she did," Trevan snapped, "she's probably halfway back to her precious Inquisition as we speak. Did you really think she would stick around? This was a perfect opportunity for her to get away."

Cal took a step back. She wouldn't have just run off an left him, right?

_____________________________________________________________________________

- Y/N P.O.V - 

Over the next two days I spent the entire time formulating a plan of escape, whilst Folnok the name of the soon to be released Selonian, sat pretty in the corner of the prison cell. I'd known for many years how to move objects with my mind, and I was especially knowledgeable with the ability to control people's actions, thanks to the Inquisitorious. Part of me didn't want to try to escape, but I didn't want to stay in here, nor go along with what Folnok wanted. The decision had been stirring around in my mind for all this time, and now it was time to act on it. No more fear today.

I stood up from my place near the barrier that separated the prison guards from us, and stuck my hands in my pockets, walking over to the door. A guard moved to the other side, staring at me.

"Is there something you need?" They asked.

I stared at the guard in the eye, focusing my energy. "You will open this door, and let me go. You will not shoot or try to stop me."

The guard looked confused to which I repeated my request. I did not break concentration, watching his every move. He seemed to stop, face falling back into that placid expression all the prison guards wore. He reached over to the panel, and the barrier disappeared. I stepped through as he closed it and began walking out the door. 

"Where are you going?" Folnok shouted. "How..."

I stopped and stared at him through the barrier, and flipped him off in the only way a Selonian could find offensive before walking out the front door. The city was fully lit with the afternoon glare of a nearby planet's solar flares, reflecting off the shining glass buildings. Pulling my hood up over my face, I took off at a fast walk, away from the facility. As I did, a ship landed nearby next to the prison. It didn't look to be a transport ship for prisoners, but someone's personal vessel like the Mantis was to Greez.