Chapter 37: Feelings

"You sure have made a name for yourself out there."

Cal was leaning up against the doorframe to my small home, crossed arms and ankles with an entertained gaze. I stopped just before him as I flicked off my hood, rolling my eyes.

"What name would that be?" I inquired

He pushed off the doorframe, wrapping an around my shoulders to pull me in to give me a friendly kiss on the temple as a welcome home gesture. "The Grey Assassin, or Grey Knight if you prefer a more relaxed version."

"Did you accompany Greez to one of his gambling habits off-world? Listening to hints and whispers of my whereabouts while you and your regular party are off on one of your save-the-world crusades." I ducked out of his grip, setting my glaive against the wall. It made a low metallic thud when it contacted with the wood.

Cal laughed. "You are half right, but those rumors where more out of concern than applause."

It was my turn to let out a chuckle. "People aren't to thrilled about my way of doing things, I get that. Khosuh and his council they have don't seem to mind because it helps the bigger picture. I plan to go back out there within the next couple of days to go back to Arkanis."

"Why that place again?"

"Why not?" I stood at the foot of my bed, taking off the leather-metal chest armor I had over my robes.

"So, what's the plan? There are a lot of innocent people mixed in with people working for the Empire over there. We saw that for ourselves, remember?"

The memory of our excursion crossed my mind as I finicked with the knotted strings on my arm guards. "There's factories there, as well as that academy, and even a star destroyer that orbits the planet that produces Imperial officers. Project Harvester is still running too, isn't it? I'd call that a good place to start."

Cal came over, grabbing my wrists to stop my yanking at the strings. He began to pick here and there at the knot, pulling every once in a while to check his progress. "Do you think the General and the rest of this council will back that plan?"

"Maybe," my eyes watched his hands, "I'll go talk to him tonight." Even if Khosuh and the rest of the council decided against it, I would probably just go off and do my own thing elsewhere to help get rid of bits and pieces that wanted to help rid the galaxy of the early stages of a rebellion. Besides, there wasn't too much to gain from destroying the base on Arkanis except kill those who worked for the Empire. It seemed as though after all my time with Cal and the rest of the rebels on Ralltiir, I was back to doing things alone even though that wasn't the case at all.

"I know you're like me Cal, wanting to go save people. What's stopping you?"

Cal slipped off my remaining bracer and placed it on the bed. I rubbed my wrists, slipping off my grey robe and tossing it on the bed alongside the rest of my gear. 

"The Jedi Order."

I gave him a sad smile. "You really still think it's possible, don't you..."

"There's always hope. Cere believes we can do it." He said.

"Do you?"

My best friend shifted on foot to foot, not giving a straight answer right away. It was something I was surprised at, knowing Cal to be straightforward about his opinions on the matter. Placing a hand on his back, I guided him out of the house to take a walk. 

I stared ahead at the beautiful mountain view, watching rebels walk to and from buildings. "I remember that you told me that you destroyed that Holocron, with all of those force sensitives. Cere wanted to rebuild it, didn't she?"