Chapter 50: Death Follows

"You don't have to be so grumpy about it." Zane glanced over my shoulder as we approached Coruscant. 

"I have every right to be. He gives me, a former right hand of Darth Vader, to Saw Gerrera who absolutely hates the Empire. I get a new leg, and now I'm sent off a planet to go find the idiot who dropped me off there." I explained, feeling utterly sour. 

Zane hovered over and sat in the co-pilot chair. "Cal told Saw he could trust you, and explained that you were a long time friend. He never mentioned anything to Saw about your late job."

"Saw is smart enough to look me up in a database given the chance. I wouldn't have lasted a month if I hadn't kept up a jovial appearance and innocent nature! And then you told me Cere and Greez weren't in Jetta at the time of my impromptu rescue."

"The pain must have caused you to hallucinate. They weren't. Cal was there on a lone mission at the time, and you two crossed paths. Did you manage to contact Cal before we reach Coruscant?" Zane pushed a button on the control panel in front of him as they neared the planet. 

"I did. He told me to get dropped off near Senator Sejan's yacht, and that if anyone asked questions that I should be absolutely delighted to tell them about my dark and bloody past, even sprinkle it with sorrows and tragedies." We got to Coruscant, and slowed out of hyperspeed, and started the decent into the city.

"Wait, did he actually?"

"NO!" I exclaimed, rolling my eyes. "He told me he was happy that I was up and moving, and told me to just....act normal. What I really want to do when I see him is punch him in the face."

"That's not any better."

I silenced him with a wave of my hand and got into the express lane, following a small tracker on my screen to the destination that was given to me. Reaching the destination I gave the controls to Zane and stood, gathering what I needed from near the holotable.  "How do I look?" I asked, giving a half hearted spin. Zane had followed me into the main area of the ship.

He took in my glaive, lightsaber, and my old grey outfit with the selonian armor attached. "Normal, yet intimidating."

"You're too kind." I hit the button to lower the door, glancing out at the dark, yet colorful horizon of buildings and signs. "Get the Tyrant as close to the Mantis as you can without drawing too much attention to yourself and find somewhere to dock. We'll be needing a ride out of here incase things go south." 

Pulling my balaclava over my nose and mouth, I jumped and landed on a sloped metal roof, sliding down and using the numerous amount of support beams that were scattered meticulously on the way down to the destination. I dropped down on top of what looked to be an elevator, just as a large red yacht careened into the platform that Cal was standing on.

"Cal!" I shouted, watching him grab onto something to not plummet to his death. Cal hung there with both hands, looking around for the sound of his name. I waved a hand, lowering a mask so that he could see my face.

"You made it!"

"You okay?"

"Yeah, meet me over by the pink and blue sign, we have to get onto that yacht!"

I carefully traversed the environment, glancing at Cal to see his progress. As he climbed, there was a trooper and a soldier standing above him. I dropped down to the meeting place, reaching behind to me grab my glaive, but watched as the soldier shoot the trooper in the back and help Cal up onto his feet. 

"Cal?" I called out, slowly walking toward them with my hand on my weapon. The man took off his helmet as Cal raised a hand to wave me down.

"It's okay, Y/n. This is Bode. Bode, this a good friend of mine."