Chapter 47: Alike

A few weeks had gone by, and as empty as they felt the days were filled with hours of strenuous brain use. Giving reports every other day to General Tarkin had proved to be interesting and boring at the same time. There was only so much that I was able to do during those time periods that it felt as though I was giving him the same information day in and day out. But, if he wanted it, then I would provide it. Of course, during the times after I sent the information, I was free to rest but I found myself working on a co-pilot droid skeleton that I'd found off planet in a dumpster. 

My workshop had been repaired to pristine condition in the week after the accident, and everything was replaced to be as it was, including some upgraded parts as well. I used that to my advantage in working on the droid, which turned out to be a ZA-N3 model droid, very similar to what N6 used to be. After having examined N6's destroyed remains, there was little to be recovered given that what was left was mostly wires, joints, and some tools on her hand parts that she was able to expel from her body to fix things. 

Vader had offered someone to replace her to act as my co-pilot, but I'd respectfully declined, finding comfort in a droids company rather than a person's when on missions. Besides, droids were more loyal in many aspects, not unlike a person who could be easily manipulated by power or promise. Droids didn't care about that sort of thing.

"Stas."

I looked up from my work on my new droid partner. A nerve in my neck strained painfully and I bit back a wince as I stood upright, feeling how sore my body was after being hunched over my work table for some time.  The droid was almost complete, and I wanted to hurry and finish fixing and upgrading it before I needed to head off planet. 

Vader stood there, the door closing behind him. He approached the table, glancing at my droid, then me. 

"I've already sent today's plans back to General Tarkin, Lord Vader, if that's what you've come to ask." I stated.

"Excellent, but I am not here to ask about that. You're needed on another mission to deal with some rebellious citizens on Daltarra."

I raised an eyebrow. The situation there had already been dealt with some time ago, but that didn't stop a rebellion. I glanced down at the droid on the table, and Vader caught my wandering gaze. "Who told you about this?"

"I'd sent some Inquisitors into the Outer Rim to deal with rumors of force users, there must still be some activity on Daltarra, which means you did not snuff it out. In the meantime, you will take stormtroopers with you to deal with this problem. Since you don't have a co-pilot, you will take the TIE-Interceptor I have and lead the transports to Daltarra from my Destroyer."

With that statement practically acting like a punch in the face, I did as I was told once Vader's Star Destroyer stopped above Daltarra. Taking two transports that held the troopers, and my TIE fighter, we landed in Quenin. Most of the civilians of the spaceport looked terrified at the presence of the large amount of troopers and myself, Korbec Stas. After announcing the reasoning why I was there there, along with the consequences of hiding rebels, I meandered carefully about the main streets of the spaceport with my soldiers walking behind me. 

After taking a walk around the spaceport, I couldn't feel the presence of any rebels, or force sensitives. Only regular civilians remained, leaving me confused. There was no way, even with a grudge against me, that the Inquisitors would lie to Vader's face. I turned, facing the soldiers and gave them the signal to split up and start a more thorough search through the smaller sections of the spaceport and work their way inwards. By the time that I called my men back to me on one of the landing platforms at the open hangar bay, the sun was beginning to set. There was nothing yet information wise to be transferred back to the Destroyer on which Vader resided, waiting for me to send some good news.