Chapter 51: Walls

There had never been a time where I needed to step foot on Koboh, and because of that I'd never heard of the place before. It looked to be a desolate yet lush at the same time. There was a spot to settle down next to the Mantis, who's engines were smoking and several holes were torn through its hull.  It had taken more hits than the Tyrant, but again it wasn't built for fighting even though Cal used it for that purpose along during his escape.  

"Am I coming with you?" Zane asked following me toward the boarding door. 

"I'm not having you stay alone on a planet that dwells in the Outer Rim. There's enough trouble out here as it is, and I'm not in the mood to find a replacement if you get stolen or sold for scrap." I walked off the ramp, Zane following close behind to allow it to shut behind the both of us. 

"Everything that comes out of your mouth is so genuine, isn't it?"

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "You've known me for how long?"

"A few years, but I've never seen you act so... so carefree."

"Having been allowed escapism after a near death experience by one of the scariest people in the galaxy really puts the definition of carefree into perspective. I was given a warning and am going to stray as far away as I can and enjoy the shackless lifestyle until death greets me with a handshake." I walked under the belly of the Tyrant and found Cal and BD hopping out of the open door of the Mantis. "Hey, glad that you managed to land."

"You made it out in one piece." Observed Cal, glancing at the Tyrant.

Nodding, I gave him a once over and took a long time to watch his expression. It was guarded, but soft like he'd yet to express the pain he was keeping locked behind his gaze. Wordlessly, I walked right up to him, pulling him into an embrace. Almost automatically, he returned the hug. Raising a hand to gently press on the back of his neck, I kept him in the hug for a long time. "I'm sorry. I know how you're feeling, and if you need or want to talk, you can." My voice was a whisper. First to pull away, I made sure to make eye contact with him. "I'm here, Cal."

He gave me a soft smile. "I'm glad."

Patting him on the forearm, I retreated back a step or two. "What business do you have on Koboh?"

"Greez is here. He probably has the part we need to get for the Mantis to have her up and running again."

"What's he doing all the way out here?"

"Long story, but he owns the Cantina in that settlement across the way." Cal pointed out toward the distant shapes of the small town that lay between shards of rock and brush.

"And we're supposed to walk there?" Zane vocalized, irked.

A smile pulling at the corner of my mouth as I glanced behind me at the hovering droid. "Cal, this is ZA-N3. I know you two have met, but not properly."

Zane motored forward, extending a hand to Cal, who took with with a firm shake. "Greetings, Cal Kestis. I've heard much about you."

"N3," welcomed Cal. "Where's N6?" He glanced at me after letting go of Zane's hand.

"Gone."

"You mean like freed or...oh..." His expression fell as he read my silence.

"This droid is a good co-pilot. I like having him around because he puts up with me." I explained as we began walking toward the Cantina through the rough gorge terrain. 

There was some small talk between us as we made our way toward the town. We slid down a steep cliffside before catching ourselves before I stopped to take in how far we had to go. Sighing, I adjusted my glaive, and bent down to check my metal leg to see how it was holding up. I stood up straight afterward, catching up to Cal who'd continued to gracefully navigate down a slope.