Chapter 43: Meeting

"Captain, you took care of the rest of those rebels fast."

I made a noise in the back of my throat, staring out the window of the room we resided, surrounded once again by weapon parts and finished products. I placed a hand over the healing wound on my stomach, holding back a grunt of pain as I shifted wait to my other foot. After being flown back to the Destroyer, I was given treatment and then put myself right back out there and finished up the job in one fell swoop in less than four days. The rest of the planets with insight on rebel locations had all been taken care of without a hitch, all except Ralltiir, which would remain untouched for as long as I could allow. Now I was back on Mustafar, going day to day doing my job.

Thinking back to the looks on my friends faces when they saw Korbec Stas's identity was going to be a pain in the ass from now on. Overall, it made me livid, not with them but with myself. I'd tried so hard to be someone that Cal and myself could be proud of, winning everyone's favor by being helpful, and not going back to my old ways. It was true that I wanted out of that life I'd gotten myself into, but it was becoming increasingly hard because of the circumstances that provided for it to be an easy way to live. After killing hundreds and hundreds of people during my time as an Inquisitor, I'd killed half of that number as a slave to the Empire by taking out the people I'd sided with with cold blood without so much as a thought. 

Sen's wise words counteracted these bad thoughts, including her parting ones. Do not corrupt your heart again

"It's hard not to...it's already been corrupted." I whispered. If I was going to be a killer and work under the Empire then so be it. I would find something to work towards and stick to it, and when the opportunity would finally present itself, I would take my chance and use it, even if it mean my death as a result. Master Sen, Kohan, and Master Tapal were probably already disappointed in my actions, watching me from afar. I gripped the ledge of the window with whitening finger tips, as my breathing began to grow heavy. I threw a hand back and then forward, punching the glass and using my powers with equal fervor. The window and the ones next to it shattered outward as I expelled a maddened yell when I made contact. Hot, sulfuric air immediately entered the room in a massive wave, catching the breath in my throat. 

"Captain? Y/n... are you okay?" N6 asked, coming to hover next to me. 

Breathing still labored, I stared at my bleeding knuckles. "I'm fine."

"But-"

"I SAID I'M FINE!" I shouted, my face mere inches from hers. 

N6 remained unfazed, poking my cheek. "You're crying."

I jerked away from her touch and roughly wiped the evidence of frustration off of my face.  N6 went over to a cabinet and pulled out a box, and pulled out some medical supplies before making her way over to me, grabbing my injured hand to begin pulling out shards of glass that had imbedded themselves into my skin. Precise with her movements, I didn't feel any additional pain other than the throbbing of my hand as she pulled out several pieces.

"How's the new kid?" She asked. "The force sensitive kid you picked up on Daltarra."

I shrugged, feeling myself slowly begin to calm down. "I've been busy with my own tasks, I don't worry about other people in here."

"So that means you worry about me? I'm not a human."

My eyes flicked up to look at her before looking back down at her work as she finished wrapping up my hand. My voice was soft. "No, you're not, but I'm thankful about that." Pulling my hand away from her cold metal ones, I gave her a pat on the shoulder. 

Carefully walking over to the table, I sat down on one of the high stools, I picked up my tablet and began flicking through design holograms. "How do you feel about going on a little away trip?"