Chapter 58: Insatiableness

"Y/n...Y/n...Y/n!"

I flinched, sucking in a sharp breath and looked behind me. Cal stood in the doorway of the cockpit, dressed in his regular jacket and pants. "Sorry, yeah? Did you need something?" I turned back to the view of stars zipping past at hyper speed, sitting low in my seat, one booted foot up on the consol.

We were headed back to Koboh. Cal had taken the data disc with him when we left the Imperial base, having found out after listening to the message that the way to get to Tanalorr would be to align the arrays. It would lead us through a tiny nebula where Tanalorr would be waiting on the other side. 

Cal came up, leaning back against the console to my right and crossed his legs. "I thought you said those clothes were uncomfortable."

I gave a half-hearted glance down at myself, knowing that I'd hadn't bothered to change out of my Imperial outfit. Shrugging, I picked at some loose skin on my lip.

"You wanna tell me what's going on?" He interrogated lightly. 

Sighing, I rested my hands limply in my lap, studying his face. "How did you feel, seeing me like that? Me as Stas, I mean."

Cal crossed his arms, staring at the floor for a moment before gazing at me. "Sad, scared, but hopeful. My one worry after several interactions with you would be that you'd never come back to us."

"I'm really sorry," I muttered. "Do you understand now how I feel about your actions back on Nova Garon?"

Cal nodded, sliding down into a sitting position with his back against the bottom of the consol. "I do, and I'm grateful for the help. I'm just...overwhelmed, and...so angry."

"How do you think I felt? I was stuck living on a planet of lava."

This cracked a smile on our faces as we both laughed.

"True," He said with a nod, reaching up toward me. I took his warm hand in mine, holding it tight. "From now on, we'll be there for each other."

I swung our hands back an fourth. "Agreed, Mr. Jedi Knight."

A thoughtful look came over him at hearing the title. "Why haven't you wanted to gain that title? Or Jedi Master for that matter."

Giving a one shoulder shrug, I flicked a switch as something began to beep, bringing us to silence once more. "I never thought I was deserving, even though Sen believed I was more than ready to accept the title after continual training under her."

"Knight or Master?"

"Master...if you can believe it. I did gain the title of Knight under her tutilage. "

"I can," He replied. "Wait what? You never told me that!"

I laughed. "You never asked!"

"But why?"

"I don't know. As much as I feel honored owning the title, there hasn't been the right time to use it, y'know?"

"Not until we have a solid grounding in Tanalorr with many younglings running around."

An image popped up in my head of Cal trying to teach a class of rowdy younglings with brought on a permanent grin. "If you say so."

The scanner beeped, making me sit up and glance at a screen. "We're approaching Koboh." I let go of Cal's hand, standing up slightly to press a few buttons over my head. Getting out of hyperspeed, I got into the planets atmosphere and touched down on a landing pad near the familiar, barren looking town.

Following Cal into the Main Hold area of the ship, we met up with the rest of the group who were standing from their places around a table. 

"I'll go activate the arrays. If you guys want to stay put and have the Tyrant ready to go when I get back." Cal told us.