Chapter 44: There's Always A First Time For Everything

Arms crossed, booted toe tapping the dirty ground, I stared at N6 incredulously. 

"No."

N6 clasped her hands together. "Oh, come on Captain! The boss thinks we're out here gathering weaponry and killing people, which we will be doing, but we could spend more time with our friends. Face it, they need some stuff too."

Peaking out from under my hood, I could see Cal and the others standing opposite us in the well-sized, dark alleyway that lay between two cantinas. They were talking amongst themselves, to low to hear their conversation. 

"We've already hung around here for two long, Ensix. Being in the world of criminals doesn't give someone an automatic pass to belong. I am the right hand of one of the most dangerous people in the galaxy. That is enough of a reason for someone to place a massive bounty on my head." I growled.

"Isn't it already around 50,000 credits now- ow!"

I'd smacked her fairly hard on her round head. "Shut up. I know how much I'm worth."

"Okay, priceless artifact."

I raised my glaive. "I will behead you."

That seemed to shut her up.

"Y/n."

I lowered my weapon, sheathing it on my back and turned to Cal. He'd adorned himself with a robe of some kind to help hide his face that was similar to mine. it was better to be safe than sorry, since his image was probably still on peoples radar. "What."

"I have an acquaintance here, his name is Tabbers. We knew each other back on Bracca, and he owes me a favor still. Perhaps he can get in touch of someone with weapons for you."

Skepticism was emanating off me, and Cal could feel it. "Acquaintance or friend, Cal."

He scratched the bridge of his nose. "It's been a while, but he'll accept the request if I give him a reasonable one. He's in the lower districts, so we'll have to walk for a while."

"We need to split up. Larger groups attract all sorts of attention and I won't have any of it. I'll go with you to see this Tabbers, Ensix can stay with the rest of them to go haggle some supplies back at the Hangar. Sound fair?"

Cal nodded almost immediately, a petite smile gracing his lips and he turned to go talk to them about the plan. I informed N6 of the plan, and as unsure as she was, she agreed and went over to Cal and the group before he was done talking to them. Leaning on the wall off to the side, I kept an eye on the alleyway entrance, staring at the buzzing neon signs and passersby as they talked to their partners about hushed business. I wasn't as nervous as I'd let on, but I was more concerned about what waited for me back on Mustafar. The longer it took for me to finish this job, the less I wanted to be questioned. If I was caught or spotted doing something with Cal, I'd have to make up some bullshit story that was believable enough to fool Darth Vader. However, it was hard for something to slip past that man. He was smart, cunning, and persistent. Heaven forbid I ended up on that chair, tied and tortured again. 

Adjusting the mask on my face, I kicked off the wall as Cal walked over to me, tell me that it was all settled, and pulled me out of the alleyway by the arm before dropping his hand and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"It sounds like you had a bit of an argument with them." I said, keeping up with his semi-fast pace as we walked towards a lower district. I couldn't see his face, covered by his hood.

"Cere didn't want us to separate. She still doesn't trust you. Greez and Khosuh were on the fence, both of them are worried that we are by ourselves." He said as we maneuvered through the nearly empty city streets.