...Into the Fire

The only thing Danny could think to do was run. So he hurried down the steps of Kappa Kappa Gamma, his tutu bouncing up and down, doing little to hide the combined bulge of his white cotton tights, pink plastic panties, and diaper. Immediately, the sorority sisters at the house across the street started whistling and cheering and yelling at him. As if there was any doubt, one girl screamed out into the night "It's Danny Smith, the diaper boy!" 

Members of the other sorority houses on the street began coming out onto their porches to cheer and jeer at him as he ran by. One house's members chanted, "Walk of shame, walk of shame, walk of shame!" 

He eventually got to the end of the street and turned onto the bridge that led back towards campus. But first, he was going to have to cut through the small college town. Several cars honked as they passed him as he ran across the bridge. When he was over, he darted into a side street to steer clear of downtown. He paused for a second and was able to use his mitten-hands to at least push down the tutu so he could step out of it. Even though he knew he still looked ridiculous, it felt like an important victory. He continued down the side street and crossed over into another neighborhood. Thankfully, these streets were mostly residential and there weren't a lot of people out. He did cross paths with one elderly couple walking a dog who gave him looks of horror and confusion. He didn't stop to explain himself. 

Eventually, he was only one block away from campus. Cutting across campus without being seen was basically going to be impossible, but if he crossed by the administrative offices towards the back of campus, he would at least pass fewer people. From there, he could get back onto some side streets and approach his fraternity from behind and avoid having to pass all the other fraternities. 

He took a moment to catch his breath. He felt disgusting. He was sweating and he feared he had already earned himself a bad diaper rash. At least outside, he couldn't smell his diaper as much. Once he was at his fraternity, he could get someone to cut off the mittens and then he could cut himself out of the stupid leotard which he was currently locked into. Then, he would take off the tights, plastic panties, and diaper. Take a shower, and from there, he'd be through the worst of it. He'd just need to make sure Dr. Jones did not find out about his accidents today and he could say goodbye to diapers forever. Even if his social life was basically over, which he had already sort of accepted, he still had his fraternity, he would graduate in a couple of years, and then he could block out this weekend from all memory for the rest of his life. He could still maybe even make new friends during his remaining years at University - they'd probably ask him if he was that guy and he would say that the stories they heard were probably exaggerated even though he knew he'd be lying through his teeth. So much for Dr. Jones' shpeel about telling the truth...but she was dead wrong. Lies, lies, and lies would set him free. 

He steeled himself and stepped onto the next street, ready to dash onto campus, but as soon as he did, a black Ford Escalade honked at him, its tires screeching to a sudden stop. Out jumped four guys who Danny immediately recognized. They were all members of Kappa Sig, a fraternity which consisted mostly of lacrosse and soccer bros. Kappa Sig was a major competitor with Danny's fraternity. 

The driver, who Danny thought was named Nathan, said "What do we have here? It looks like we crossed paths with the talk of the town, guys."

Danny's heart raced faster as he watched the four of them approach him, two from the left and two from the right. 

Another one of them said, "I think my little sister owns that same costume you're wearing. She's four."

Danny's mouth finally became operable again and he said, "I don't want any trouble, I'm just trying to get back to the house."

"Oh sure, why don't we just give you a ride there?" the driver asked as the four were now immediately surrounding Danny. 

As much as Danny would have loved a ride home, he knew that being friendly wasn't their intention so he shook his head and said no.