Family FaceTime

When Danny finally arrived back to his dorm room, he closed and locked his door and a sigh of relief escaped him. It was his first moment of privacy since he had left the fraternity that morning. He took off the women's running shorts, the plastic panties, and his onesie. He brought his hands to the tapes of his pink diaper but hesitated and looked around his room, fearing that Dean Bowery had installed cameras or that she might suddenly appear in a burst of smoke like the Wicked Witch of the West. Slowly, he brought his hands back down to his sides - accompanied by a sigh of disappointment this time. He did not want to risk further consequences by taking off the diaper. He would just wait a bit until he needed the restroom - which shouldn't take too long after his large meal with Laila and Mark - and then he could go use the toilet and put on a less girly diaper. 

For now, he settled on wearing one of his few remaining pairs of gym shorts, but as he went through the one drawer of his former clothing, he realized that Kaitlyn must have also discarded his shirts. So he tried to make a selection among his new clothes but all of his new shirts were humiliating for a different reason. There were still unopened gift bags and packages that might have more options but he was too afraid of whatever other articles of clothing he might find. Finally, he narrowed his options to the two he felt were the most subtle: a white shirt with a print of delicate pink and purple flowers and a pastel blue shirt that had white writing that said "I'll Always Be Mommy's Little Boy." He decided on the former, opting for the slightly older look over the more boyish option. 

Then, he laid on his new bed, trying to pretend his bedding wasn't clearly designed for little boys and covered with rocket ships. He finally took out his phone for the first time since Kaitlyn had returned it to him and, for several minutes, he simply stared at the sticker of the yellow diaper she had placed on it. He couldn't believe he had wet himself when Nathan had pushed him to the ground...Falling had been surprising, yes, but to have actually lost control of his bladder? What was happening to him? He had been able to dismiss the past several days' accidents as byproducts of his alcohol overuse on Saturday night...but today was Monday!

He shook his head to try and shoo the thoughts away, and he unlocked his phone. Like his social media profiles had been, his phone was inundated with alerts and messages. It seemed like everyone he knew had seen a picture or video of him in a diaper and wanted to confirm if it was really him, to tell him their friendship was over, or to make fun of him. Eventually, he just started marking all of the messages as read without actually reading them. But then he received a text from his mom, instructing him to FaceTime her as soon as he had the chance. He could delay but decided to tear off the Band-Aid and dialed her up. 

"It's about time you called," she said before he had a chance to say hello. She set her phone down in front of her so he could see that she was sitting on their couch in the family room, folding clothes. She always kept her brunette hair back in a bun while doing chores and tended to wear the same denim button down with black leggings and long white socks over them which Danny's sisters teased her about, for being stuck in the eighties. He was almost confused to see that she was home on Monday, before remembering that she had negotiated for flex days in her last contract renewal. She worked as an upper level executive for a medical device startup - during the early years, the company had little financing and she had extended her credit limits in order to work on a lower salary. Danny felt a twinge of guilt: this was part and parcel of why she was so mad at him for threatening to leave college because she had to taken on even more serious debt with less than ideal interest rates to send him to a quality private university. But it seemed her company was just turning the corner: becoming more profitable and attracting serious investment attention. Maybe if the debt stress went away, she'd get off of his back, he hoped.

"Mom, Please, you have to stop this. They've given me little boy and girl stuff. They're making me wear onesies. And the other students are bullying me..."