A Sissy Room and Wardrobe

The doors of Redman Hall burst open as Danny reluctantly approached his new home. A guy and girl held the door open and waved at Danny from the top of the stone stairs with the enthusiasm of summer camp counselors on move-in day. He assumed they were his new RAs. 

"Hiya, Danny!" the girl shouted with a beaming smile. She was thin and tall, with neck-length brown curly hair and a nose piercing gleamed in the sunlight. 

The guy was a bit taller than Danny, also with dark brown hair that was buzzed on the sides but longer on top. As the guy waved at Danny, Danny noticed the guy had a muscular build like that of a soccer player. 

Danny didn't even bother to smile or wave back, but he did ask "can you just show me my room" when he walked into the building. Redman Hall was an older brick dorm for first-years and had eight co-ed floors and each floor had a common bathroom for men and one for women. It was also a part of the main Quad on campus, a central hub that all students passed to get to classes and other offices, was near the Health Center, and Danny could see the bench where he had been duct-taped the previous night by Kappa Sig. 

The RAs introduced themselves as Laila and Mark, and they rattled off a thousand fun facts about themselves as they led him down the hall. Most first-years seemed to leave their doors open during the day and Danny could see their curious stares as he crossed their doorways. 

Eventually, they stopped at the open door of his room which was towards the middle of the hall. Laila explained it was adjacent to her own room and across from Mark's. Danny didn't like to be so close to their supervision but stepped into his new room. 

His stomach sank as he spotted none other than Kaitlyn inside, kneeling on the floor, surrounded by a variety of cardboard boxes, some open, some not, as well as many of the pastel-colored and gift-wrapped boxes and bags that he remembered had been part of the gifts from Kappa Kappa Gamma. There were two thick rugs covering the floor: one hot pink and one pastel blue. Pink blinds also adorned his windows. Wiping the sweat from her forehead, Kaitlyn turned around and said, "Hi Danny!"

She stood up and added, "Let me acquaint you with your new digs." 

She went to his bed which was adjacent to one of the side walls and began describing what he could see with his own eyes: "I wasn't sure what kind of bedding you would like but then figured you'd think these rocket ships were pretty cool." 

The comforter was baby blue but had darker navy rocket ships all over it, his pillow cases were white with the same rocket ship design. She lifted the comforter to show matching sheets as well. 

"Oh wow, that is so cool, Danny!" Mark added.

Then Kaitlyn continued: "I bet you're at least a little worried if you have any accidents in your awesome new bed, but don't worry, because we have that covered too..."

She proceeded to lift one corner of the fitted sheet to reveal that their was a rubber mattress protector for bedwetters. 

"That will be really handy!" Laila chimed in. 

"And if you do have any accidents on your sheets," Kaitlyn said, "then we can switch to these ones..."

She walked over to what appeared like a big old wood toy chest at the foot of his bed, and she showed that there were many more sets of sheets and a comforters: all had childish prints of animals, letters and numbers, and some were even clearly designed for little girls with pink colors, unicorns, cupcakes, and one set even appeared to have a print from the movie Frozen. 

"Why can't I just have normal sheets?" Danny said, sounding more pouty than he had wanted. 

"Aw poor guy," Mark said, before actually patting Danny on the back.