Scene 18

The day of the art gallery has finally come. [Name] places the dangling pearl earrings into her ears. These earrings have been passed down through her family. Her mother didn't have much before she passed, but she didn't forget to give away those earrings to her only daughter.

She looks herself over in the mirror. Kushina advised her to wear something with color.

"All the women and men will be wearing red, black, and white. So make yourself stand out a little. Wear something with color. Pink, perhaps?"

The words echo inside her mind, and although she doesn't pick a pink dress, she does accentuate the dress with a sakura pink brooch.

The dress [Name] chooses is an elegant sage green. The floral accents of the long, slim ruffle skirt complemented the brooch nicely; accompanied with the off-shoulder bishop sleeves, the dress made her look like a fairy.

All that is left to do of her 3-hour 'I'm almost ready' trek is to put on lipstick. [Name] picks a deep red, nearly black lipstick to enhance the light green color.

She isn't an artist for nothing.

...

"Did you want to come?" Sasuke asks as Sakura fixes his tie.

"No, no. You enjoy your day away from me," she jokes, and Sasuke smiles tiredly. She brushes some dust off his shoulder. "Plus, high-class stuff like art galleries isn't really my thing. Too stuffy."

"Thought it would be a good excuse for you to dress up." Sakura kisses his cheek, placing her hands on his chest.

"Hmm. Maybe I'll be dressed up when you get back." Her voice dips an octave. The sultry noise makes a chill run through Sasuke's spine.

His hands find her waist. Thoughts of her in that red lingerie she bought a while ago run through his mind. She wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him into a sensual, deep kiss.

Sasuke feels nothing.

When Sakura pulls away, wiping her gloss from his lips with a satisfied smirk, she says, "Come back soon, okay?"

...

Naruto rushes from one side of his room to another. He was never the best at these kinds of things. So used to making sure Sasuke's ready first, he procrastinated until the last hour to prepare.

A twenty-minute shower, a ten-minute dress-up, and the rest of the time, he's trying to knot up his tie. He even brings up a video tutorial on how to do it.

Sasuke's usually better at these, Naruto dwells as he observes the woman instruct in a robotic tone. He follows along, and although his tie is a little lopsided, it's finished by the end of the video.

Naruto stands, looking himself over in the mirror. His suits are notoriously strange. This time around, he wears a white suit with an orange button-up and a white tie.

He always wants to stand out. It's just his personality.

Standing out is just who he is.

...

[Name] is nervous. The Uzumaki family has yet to show up, but all her paintings are up in the gallery, along with many others.

So many people, she thinks, looking around. So many people are here.

Rich people. All fancy in one way or another. The women in their sleek dresses, allowing designer clothes huge every curve. Muffin top or not, they all appear stunning. Their little clutch purses elegantly wrapped up in their hands. Nails masterfully done, making [Name] wonder who their nail technician could possibly be. Their lips and faces perfectly sculpted, fake or not, [Name] agrees these women are hot.