Scene 9

Guilt is like poison. One drop and the entire body starts to malfunction and destroy itself.

Sasuke has had a few drops of this poisonous feeling. He's been mentally beating himself up over the fact that he's masturbated while thinking of another woman. That woman is [Name]. She's hardly a friend but more than just a stranger. She's a new acquaintance that Sasuke has the pleasure to know. However, the pleasure of knowing her caused him to believe that he's better not knowing her at all. He feels so much guilt and now he thinks he's a terrible boyfriend.

Now he's halfway onto the floor and the other half of his body on his bed, feeling like complete shit. The painting he once loved is now face down on the floor, for it reminds him too much of [Name].

He wants to call Sakura right now and confess his sin to her, tell her he's an unfaithful shit and that he's sorry, but something in him tells him otherwise. He doesn't want her to break up with him. He assumes that she already thinks he's fat, possibly ugly too, so confessing his unfaithfulness might trigger their break up.

Sasuke looks up at the ceiling and sighs.

"I don't want to keep any secrets from her," he mumbles to himself. As he's about to dwell on his decision even further, his adoptive brother bursts into his room, gym bag in hand.

"Let's go," Naruto commands as he shifts his weight to one hip. Sasuke's mind clears as he focuses on what's happening before him. He raises an eyebrow and pulls himself off the floor.

"Go where?" He asks. Naruto looks over his older brother, seeing that he's only clothed in his underwear. Naruto rolls his eyes as he takes a step into Sasuke's room.

"Put some clothes on dude," he says as he adjusts his bag on his shoulder. "We're going to the gym. Mom wants you to work out."

"But, I don't want to," Sasuke whines, pulling on his jeans. He finds his shirt somewhere scattered between his blankets and pillows.

"You don't want to work out in jeans and a t-shirt dude," Naruto informs as he goes to Sasuke's closet. He sees the painting on the floor, the one Sasuke was so excited about when he brought it home but says nothing about it. Naruto picks out a black tank top and red basketball shorts for Sasuke to wear.

He tosses it to him saying, "Now hurry up. This is cutting into my work out time."

"It's cutting into my workout time," Sasuke mocks Naruto as he pulls on the clothes. Once he's dressed, he leaves with Naruto and heads for the gym.

...

It's a weird feeling for Sasuke to be out of the house. It's even weirder that he's hanging out with his younger brother. It's absolutely unfathomable to see Sasuke at a gym with his younger brother and his workout buddies Kiba and Lee.

"Yo! Kiba!" Naruto greets as Sasuke looks around. He sees people of all shapes and sizes lifting weights, running on treadmills, and entering or exiting the lockerrooms. He's hardly paying attention until he hears a loud clank that makes his ears ring.

Sasuke instinctively grabs Naruto's forearm, squeezing tightly. His heart is hammering in his chest when Naruto looks back at him. Sasuke's eyes begin to water and he wants to leave but his feet are glued to the floor. The adrenaline kicks in and his throat dries up within seconds.

He knows this feeling all too well. He's stuck between the past and the present, a hellish purgatory as cursed thoughts fill his head, making his reality spin.

A painful memory flashes before his eyes. His brother, his blood brother, barging into his room, knocking things over, - coughing, screaming, crying -making such loud noises, startling Sasuke from his sleep. Everything is blurry and spinning, he can't focus on anything, not even his brother. Black smoke from the hallway floods into Sasuke's room as his brother shakes him and screams his name.

"Sasuke!"

Sasuke snaps from his thoughts. His eyes wide as he stares at his younger brother before him. Naruto looks concerned about his brother, even though he's the one losing circulation in his fingers.

"You're okay, I'm right here," Naruto says as he places his other hand to his brother's chest. "If you can hear me please say something."

"I-I'm fine," Sasuke mutters as he loosens his grip from Naruto's arm. "I'm fine, I'm fine."

Naruto flashes a smile which brings Sasuke fully back into the present. He still feels his heart pounding and he notices his rapid breathing. He focuses on Naruto, his anchor that keeps him in the now.

"It was just Kiba. He dropped his weights like an idiot when I called him. Nothing too scary, right?" Naruto explains as he stares unblinkingly into Sasuke's eyes.

"Right." Sasuke nods as he let's go of Naruto and mentally finds steady ground. Kiba claps Naruto on the back as he finally approaches them.

"Hey, Naruto!" He grins as he says his friendly greeting. He looks to Sasuke, his smile faltering a bit. "Naruto's friend."

Naruto glares at Kiba. "This is my brother, Sasuke. Sasuke, this is Kiba, the idiot."

"You're not too bright yourself," Kiba retorts back as he shakes Sasuke's hand. Sasuke notices how much bigger Kiba's bicep is compared to his stick arms. A sense of inferiority digs under his skin.

Sasuke isn't just skin and bones, he's lanky with some tummy chub, but compared to Kiba, who seems to have all the muscles in the world, Sasuke looks like a skeleton.

"It's nice to meet you, Sasuke," Kiba says before dragging them both off towards the weights. Lee is currently on the leg curler machine, yelling at his spotter - who looks just like him - to add more weight.

"You wanna lift weights with us?" Naruto asks Sasuke, knowing that he'll probably do his own thing. Sasuke looks around at all the intense people lifting weights. It seems like all the pent-up anger and testosterone lie solely in this part of the gym, which is too much for Sasuke's fragile soul to handle. Maybe one day Sasuke will have the courage to be in this section of the gym.

"Nah," Sasuke shakes his head, denying Naruto's offer. "I'll work on cardio or something."

At that, Sasuke turns on his heel and heads for the treadmills. He picks an empty one between two women and sets the machine to a moderate speed. Sasuke sighs as he thinks about how long Naruto spends at the gym.

Two hours at the gym, two hours with stinky, sweaty people. Two hours I could've spent talking to [Name].

...

A/N: Hope you enjoyed. Love you bye!