Scene 3

It's the afternoon and Sasuke has stayed in bed all day. He only moved to use the bathroom once, but other than that he curled himself into a ball underneath his blankets.

Sasuke feels flat. His world has crushed him enough to make him feel this way. He also feels detached from everything, as if life is moving on without him and he can't keep up. He's already stressing out about the fact that he would be turning twenty-three in a couple of months.

"Where has the time gone?" He mumbles to himself.

There's a knock at the door but, Sasuke doesn't respond to it. Doesn't tell them to leave nor does he tell them to come in. He just sits under his blankets, thinking.

He hears the door creak open, and light footsteps coming closer to him. The next thing that happens doesn't really surprise Sasuke, for this occurs a lot.

Blankets are ripped off of him and the curtains are pushed to the sides, letting in blinding rays from the sun. Sasuke closes his eyes and covers his face with his hands.

"Sasuke please get up," Kushina's voice says. "I don't want you to mope all day."

"I just want to rest," he responds weakly. His voice wavers, sounding like he's about to cry. "Please...I just..."

"Sasuke, my genius little boy. I love you so much," she says, her hand stroking his head. "If you do something, it'll take your mind off of it. Even just taking a walk will help, but lying around and dwelling on that...event will only make it worse."

She grabs a hold of Sasuke's arm, tugging him away from the bed.

"Come on honey, off the bed."

Kushina opens the door for him and leads the boy to the bathroom. A towel, clean clothes, and a loofah are already placed in there.

"Take a shower, please," she almost begs. "You don't smell, but a shower will clear your head."

He only nods as he enters the bathroom, the mother closing the door behind him. He strips down and turns on the water. Inside, he allows the warm water to slide down his body. It does help clear his mind once he starts to wash up, but after he exits the shower he catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

He's frightened by what appears before him. Dark eyes with even darker circles beneath them, a frown that's permanently stuck to his face and pale skin that no longer holds a beautiful glow to it. He tries smiling in the mirror, but he only feels awkward doing it.

These smiles aren't genuine nor are they beautiful like his brother's or his mother's smile. It's a fake, broken, pitiful thing that he calls a smile. He can't even remember the last time the ends of his mouth arched up in that gleeful way.

A frown suits him better.

...

Sasuke comes down the stairs with a blank look in his eyes. He trudges his way to the kitchen, looking down at his feet as he goes.

"Are you going to meet up with Sakura today?" His mother asks. Currently, she's sweeping up the kitchen floor.

"No. She has classes and work to go to," he responds. "Do you need any help?"

"Oh no, I'm almost done," she says, showing off that dazzling smile. "You should go to the library."

"Why would I go there?" He asks. "There's nothing but books over there."

"Exactly! Books take you to a whole different world Sasuke. Pick out some fantasy books, or non-fiction. Erotica if you're into that stuff."

Sasuke then has a flashback to an old college professor that read erotica. What was it called again?

Make out Paradise... Sasuke recalls the name of the book, but not his college professor.

"I'll go tomorrow," he says.

"Promise me that you'll go." Kushina looks him dead in eyes, using that motherly tone that's capable of bending any man to her demands.

"I solemnly swear to go to the library tomorrow," he deadpans, putting his right hand to his heart and lifting his left hand up.

She grins, laughing softly. "I love you Sasuke."

"Love you too mom."

...

A/N: Gah! It was slightly shorter than last time but it's okay! Reader is coming in the next chapter! Well, the next chapter is going to be all about reader.
Thanks for reading! Bye!