Scene 6

Sasuke strolls along the many paths the park offers for its patrons. He previously came from a date with his girlfriend, Sakura. She had to go do homework and clean her dorm room, so she left the date early. He wasn't quite ready to leave the serene atmosphere, so now he's wandering the park, feeling the breeze in his hair and allowing the sun to kiss his pale skin.

It isn't hot, nor is it cold. It's around that time of year where the weather is at its awkward stage of becoming warmer and allowing the sun to poke its head out, but then drastically changes to thunderstorms and blizzard-like winds the next day. It's the type of weather Sasuke hates but has to deal with every year.

He continues his stroll and looks for a place to sit. He walks for a while before finding a bench to sit down on. He immediately takes out his phone and checks for any new messages. There's only one, and it's from Sakura.

Hey! I just wanted to let you know I made it home. SO don't worry so much. Love you xo

It's normal for Sakura to send messages like this to Sasuke. If she didn't, Sasuke would panic and stress over her wellbeing by calling and texting her nonstop until she answers. He still remembers making a fool of himself a few years back when Sakura forgot to tell him she arrived home. He recalls telling her how much anxiety it brings him when she doesn't tell him she's safely at home. The conversation between them that night is carved into his brain and it continues to make him cringe.

Sasuke smiles at the message but doesn't respond. He clears his notifications, looking through all his social media apps and liking every new photo Sakura is in, especially the one from today's date. He looks at the photo fondly, wishing his date could be longer than two hours and also wishing he was more photogenic.

He looks up from his phone and scans the area. Not too far from him, a girl is selling some art. Her display gained the attention of many people, some leaving with large paintings, other with small colorful sketches. But there's one piece that captures the eye of Sasuke. He's too far to make out the details, but he can tell the art is colorful.

He stands from the bench, taking a step closer to the display. Sasuke feels as if the painting is calling out to him, and before he knows it, the large piece is in his hands. He's in a trance as he stares at all the mesmerizing colors. He notices the girl in the center of the piece holding what could be a ballet stance. Although she's colored in muddy-ish pigments, the woman in the middle radiates vibrant hues.

Sasuke's reminded of his dream. The little girl that stained his world with color.

"You like that one?" A voice rips Sasuke from his trance. He looks over to see the woman holding this display.

"Uh, yeah. It's colorful," he replies. She only smiles at him. "How... How much is it?"

"That one took a long time to make, so I'd say," she pauses to think. "Three-hundred?"

Sasuke immediately digs in his pocket to grab his wallet, but stops when she adds in, "But I haven't seen you buy any of my stuff before. So, I'll give you the first-time buyer discount and lower it to one-seventy-five."

He looks at her with an eyebrow raised, but she only gives him a cheery smile back. "What's your name stranger?"

He hesitates and pulls open his wallet. "Sasuke. Sasuke-"

He stops. Uzumaki or Uchiha? He thinks as he pulls out 300 dollars. Her eyes widen at the amount of money he keeps in his wallet.

"My name is Sasuke Uzumaki-Uchiha," he finally says. Her head snaps back up to his face.

"Oh, two last names. How fancy," she says. "I'm [Name] [Last Name], the artist of all these works."

She gestures to all her art. Sasuke looks over all her pieces, but none of them capture his attention like the one in his hands.

He forks over 300, and [Name] gapes at it. "I said one-seventy-five. You didn't have to give me the full-"

Sasuke cuts her off. "No, no. I insist."

He stares down at the piece in absolute awe. "This piece is far too beautiful for it to only be worth a hundred and seventy-five dollars."

[Name] can feel heat rise to her cheeks at his compliment. "Th-thank you, sir."

He nods, the ends of his mouth curling up into a smile. "No, thank you."

[Name] is struck by his unexpected beautiful smile. His face looks way too serious to be smiling, so seeing one on his face made her smile too.

Sasuke pushes his wallet back into his jeans pocket and went on his merry way. The girl, which he knew now as [Name], wished him a good day as he exits the park.

...

The painting Sasuke bought today is now hung up in his room. Kushina thinks the piece is beautiful and it should brighten up his dark, bleak room. At first, he doesn't know where to hang it, but as he visualizes the painting in multiple spots across his room, he settles with placing it right across his bed so it'll be the last thing he sees before he sleeps and the first thing he sees when he wakes up.

It is right to say that Sasuke has fallen in love with this painting. It captured his gaze like Sakura did when he first met her, and it also gives him a sense of comfort. The painting of the girl bursting with color provides Sasuke with a warmth he hasn't felt in quite a long time and builds a sense of budding peace within him.

Sasuke sits on his bed and stares, hypnotized by all the beautiful colors. It's only when his brother calls him down for dinner that he snaps out of his trance-like state. He's reluctant to leave his room, reluctant to leave the painting, reluctant to leave her. With a mental promise to return, Sasuke heads to the dining room for supper.

It's right to assume that Sasuke has fallen in love with the girl in the painting.

...

A/N: That art piece is made by Leonid Afremov, and I love his work.