Scene 4

[Name] [Last Name] sits on the crowded bus, slightly holding her breath from the stench that's coming from the man next to her. She's heading to work, though she knows she'll be five minutes late due to traffic.

The man raises his arms to stretch and [Name] tries her best not to gag. Thankfully, her stop is next. She hops up from her seat, squeezing through the minimal space between standing people and stands next to the door waiting for it to open. Once the doors open, she jumps onto the cement, pulls up her hood and breathes in fresh air.

[Name] works at a public library. Her job is peaceful and she prefers it that way. Yes, the children that come in can be rowdy, and yes the police had to be called once or twice but it's relatively quiet — like how it's supposed to be.

She arrives, five minutes late like how she predicted. She gets straight to work, going to the circulation desk to see if she has any written instructions.

"Excuse me," says a patron. She turns her attention to the woman. "Could you point me to the children's section?"

The library [Name] works at is rather large and has two floors, so there's no wonder she can't find it.

"Oh yes, it's way far in the back," [Name] responds, pointing ahead of her.

"Thank you so much," the woman says, following her directions.

[Name] continues with her job, organizing books in alphabetical order, helping out others with finding books and placing the returned books back onto the shelves. Hours go by, and it's now her lunch break. She waves to her coworkers, reassuring them that she'll come back.

[Name] pulls up her hood again as she walks to a nearby sandwich shop. She orders her usual sandwich and watches the man make it. Once she pays and eats her sandwich, she returns back to the library to finish her work.

...

The day of work is over for [Name]. She places the last book on the shelf, waves bye to her coworkers and takes the bus home. [Name] lives with her little brother, who is far more successful in life than herself. He works at the Nara Company, which only hires the most intelligent people.

She doesn't mind that he's making more money than she is, in fact, she's proud of him and supports him in every way possible. Though he isn't home most of the time since his work hours are usually unpredictable and the work he does calls for a lot of his attention.

When she opens the door to her house, her black cat hops off the couch and snuggles against her legs. She plucks the kitten from the ground and scratches its head as she kicks the door closed.

"Hello Ace," she greets as the cat paws at her nose. The cat's full name is Ace of Spades, but [Name] only uses it when Ace is in trouble. "How've you been holding up?"

The cat responds with a small meow. It then leaps from her owner's arms and trots away. [Name] watches her cat enter the kitchen to nibble at its food.

She walks the other way, throwing her jacket onto the couch. She thinks about how much she needs a shower and enters the bathroom. She undresses and turns on the water, testing it out before stepping in.

[Name] washes her hair and body, the warm water cascading down her skin. The woman hears the door creak open but ignores it — knowing that it's only Ace. The cat likes to climb into the shower with its owner and loved the water despite the stereotype about cats and water.

"Ace get outta here," she says, tapping the cat with her foot. Though the owner knew that it would take more than tapping the black pet with her foot to make it leave.

The cat meows as it stands underneath the stream of warm water.

"I'll give you a bath later," she says, pushing the cat with her foot. "Leave you little shit."

The cat meows again, leaving the shower behind. Sighing, [Name] turns off the water and takes a towel off the rack. She dries herself and wraps her hair up in the towel. She grabs one of her robes and puts it on, tying it around the front.

Usually, [Name] will order pizza but for some reason, she doesn't have an appetite. The woman instead descends to the basement of her home, which is lined with shelves of art supplies and has an easel positioned in the middle of the room.

She grabs a new canvas and places it on the easel. She doesn't know what to draw, so she sat on the stool in front of the blank canvas and stares into its nothingness.

When she comes to a decision, she dips her paintbrush into black ink and begins to make vast, long strokes. A pale face starts to form in the center. Their hands reach up as if to receive mercy from above, the face contorts in agony, their mouth open wide to cry out to the sky. Their eyes are half-lidded and black irises could easily be seen, but they hold a swarm of emotions too complex to describe. Torment, anguish, and trauma swirls in those inky black eyes.

[Name] wonders why she created such a tragic painting — she has had a fairly decent day today. It seems she's just in the mood for something sad; however, this is too gloomy. Despite the fact that the painting isn't real, she can feel the suffering of the boy through it.

She names this painting, "The boy without color".

...

A/N: Well that was long and boring. But hopefully, some of you enjoyed it. That picture was the closest I could get what I was thinking. Close but no cigar though. Thanks for reading! Love you bye!

*That picture isn't mine. I just found it on the internet.